Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. :)

I'm sort of deadlocked between buying a SONY 10HT LCD projector and Proxima X350 DLP projector.

I've heard that DLPs have better colour than LCDs.

I did look at the specs of Proxima X350, and found out that it does not have component video input. :(

Someone says that Proxima now makes a module for X350 to receive a component video input.

Does that mean I have to buy the module seperately or the module is included with the projector ???

(I really, really need component video input capability.)

Please.....help a projector newbie.

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
DLP has better CONTRAST while LCD has better COLORS.

Main draw back for W10HT is its low contrast but its colors should be great. It can suffer from screen door (pixelization) at too close of a distance (

Main draw backs for DLP are rainbow effects (streaks of colors on high action, high contrast scenes) and more expensive bulb.

Proxima should allow component if you buy breakout cable (though I'm not sure) as many business PJ allows VGA-->component cables and changing its menu should let you select RGB vs. component. Most of these are 480i like your nonprog. DVD player. Only a few PJ accepts 480p like progressive players. NEC LT150 is one of the budget PJ that let you do this. I would call Proxima tech support to be sure but I'd bet Proxima supports component via breakout cabling.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am using the Proxima x350 with a GeForce 3 card on a P4 computer with pstrip modified for wide screen (natural 1024x768- l200 lines or so). DVD is very good and by the way-so are slides biewed via the computer!

You will need a good source to use this projector-it does not handle tV inputs well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.