AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Xbox, Gamecube and PS2 on a Pioneer Elite 730hdi TV. The Xbox plays fine. However, the Gamecube and Ps2 have a 1" black bar on the left of the screen. The PS2 is connected via component cables and the Gamecube by composite. Any ideas on how to fix this?

·
Registered
161 Posts
In the gamecube, you can adjust screen position in the system settings (boot it up w/o a game in the drive).

The ps2 is game-dependant on the screen position... what I did was center the screen position thru the service menu (of your tv) for the ps2, then center the gamecube position thru the GC system menu

My guess is the inputs that have your ps2 & GC on them are not calibrated properly.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Yep, sounds like it has to do with the calibration of your TV (specifically, adjusting overscan/underscan). As it was said, you can adjust the size and position of your screen by going into the service mode of your TV (not sure how to get there on Pioneer's). If you don't do some research and know what you're doing, you could possibly do more harm than good to your TV. You might be better off just living with it.

Are the black bars not noticable on ANY Xbox game? Most of the Xbox games I play don't have them, however, i've noticed Burnout 3 does (Toshiba 57"). PS2 and GC also vary, but you can usually see them.

BTW, composite cables for the GC? :eek: I'd say the upgrade to component (if your cube has the digital out) is very well worth it, or, at the very least, S-video.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.