AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am able to get 1080i during gameplay in Gran Turismo 4, but I lose the sync/signal/pic as I exit into the menus.??? I am switching between 2 adapters from the PS2. One with S-video and the other with Component. I need S-vid to work the menus, then back to Component for gameply. Al the while switching back and forth between the 2 cables to the PS2. Its pretty annoying and is trying my patience.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

BTW..GT4 in 1080i on a 96 inch screen is really something to see. Even my wife gave it the big thumbs up.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
The X1 needs to be upgraded to the 4.3 firmware if you haven't done so already. My X1 was also losing sync with my HD satellite until I switched to the 4.3 firmware. There's instructions here somewhere how to do it, do a search.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
This was brought up a few times when the game first came out with a few x1 owners. It is kind of a bad idea for the developers to switch back to 480i mode for menus and then 1080i for the game. It's not really a firmware issue (but you should upgrade to latest firmware if you haven't anyway).

If you plug in the green component cable into composite, you will get a picture in b+w. I think someone mentioned getting a Y splitter for the green cable to go into both the component and composite. Though I wouldn't really recommend this as it could probably degrade the picture at 1080i but I guess you can try it. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. That certainly makes it PITA to run the game. My Component cables and S-vid's are in the walls and ceiling. A composite cable will be strung across the floor to the projector...Ugggh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.