AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any benefit to getting a component cable for my PS2? I am using the s-video connection now. I am playing on a 52" RCA Widescreen HDTV, and the PS2's look pretty horrible when blown up that large. My XBOX looks great (through component), but I believe that is becuz most xbox games support 480p, which my TV seems to like much more than 480i. I guess basically I want to know if anyone has made the switch from s-video to component on a TV of similar size and seen a noticable difference. I have the same exact question about game cube. Please let me know.

·
Banned
1,387 Posts
You should definitely get the GC component cables as most GC games are also in 480p, so they look fabulous. I used to have a 64" Pioneer and had my PS2 cables hooked up to it through component cables. I saw a noticable difference when moving from composite to component on my PS2 but I'm not sure if the jump will be that big for you moving from S to component. However, a lot more PS2 games are coming out in 480p. I have a couple at the moment (NFL2k3 and Socom) and it definitely looks better. I would recommend getting them but if you had to choose I would definitely go with the GC as more games support 480p on GC than on PS2 at the moment. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I was kinda thinking the same thing about the GC (that I would def get them).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm running my PS2 ony a Mitsu HDTV. I went from the original cables to the components (Monster) and saw a nice improvement.

The only problem I have is the connection from the cable to the back of the PS2 isn't that tight and the slightest tapping or movement of the cable will cause it to disconnect. Only a real problem when the dog's running through the room.

Horse

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.