Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy y'all...

While my girlfriend was playing EverQuest Online Adventures via broadband, the screen on her PS2 went 'black'. Just plum disappeared!

I then promptly ejected the disc, closed the tray, powered down the front switch, then turned off the master switch (on the back) and unplugged the machine.

I thought I recalled seeing another thread on AVS regarding this phenomenon, although I did a search and could not find it.

Any thoughts regarding this would be most helpful. Should I open the machine and throughly clean it with a can of compressed air???

Her unit is one of the first brought to the United States, was purchased on 'Day One'.

Is it 'Game Over' for this machine??? She has a Level 38 Shaman in EverQuest and does not want to lose anything.

Again any thoughts or links to helpful information would be helpful.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know...I shut the machine down and did not let her play anymore.

Wanted to give the machine a 'cool-down' period.

Happened a couple of times during the Beta testing of EverQuest, but never with any other titles.

Have not tried to reboot the machine yet.

Any thoughts???

·
Banned
1,387 Posts
I'd see if this is a reoccurring problem. It may have hickuped and now might be ok. Best to see if it works. If this keeps happening, then we can go about figuring out what's wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.