AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, new here, but I'm glad I found this place, this is probably where I need to ask about this stuff.

First of all, I'm trying to find a new tv for my ps2, my old television that's huge and dusty finally is going dark and it's time to sort this out. I read the faq about how 480i is basically doomed for the most part on hdtvs.. Do you guys have any suggestions for the best tv to get for a ps2? I know an older model would be better but who sells those now?
For my second question(s), this is one that I've struggled with for a while.. The main problem here is, the ps2 game that I'm mainly trying to play is Shinobido Imashime (This works with swamp magic on my US ps2).. Of course I've tried to emulate this game (my own back up), but a very strange problem occurs. The game looks and plays fine on pcsx2, but there is about 1 full second of input lag, no matter what I do. Trust me, I've asked the pcsx2 people and I don't think it's on their end. I can get multiple high demand games running on my pc great with pcsx2 without any input lag whatsoever, games by the very same developer that made shinobido, I've messed with vsync making sure it's off, I've messed with settings, none of it makes a bit of difference. Where you guys may know more about this problem is, concerning refresh rate issues. My monitor is stuck at 60hz with a possible 30(It looks horrible), which, I tried 30hz and opened the emulator and the input lag still exists. Many people have said that they can run that game full speed without issues, you guys think this is anything like a refresh rate issue/monitor issue? Don't have to answer this one, I'm just asking since the pcsx2 people are stumped. Also, it's not a usb issue since the keyboard produces the same lag, and other games run lagless with a controller. Is there just something weird going on with this game? Is its native resolution maybe vastly different from other ps2 games or something? I just have no clue.

Anyways. This is mostly about the best tv for a ps2 that I can buy nowadays, since it doesn't seem like there's any real workaround for lcdtvs. Thanks for the responses and sorry about the big post.

·
Banned
536 Posts
Pcsx2 should work for pretty much all games, the ones that do not work you should be using software rendering instead which emulates the game on the processor instead of using your hardware.

A full second of latency may be controller issues though so I would try direct wiring, or at the very least using software rendering mode.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts