AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PS3 has just added a few more 3D movies to it's movie store for rent. The new movies are Chicken Little, Bolt, and meet the Robinsons.

The last 3D movie that i rented from here (open season) looked outstanding. I am downloading Bolt at the moment.

·
Registered
149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by melman26 /forum/post/0

PS3 has just added a few more 3D movies to it's movie store for rent. The new movies are Chicken Little, Bolt, and meet the Robinsons.

The last 3D movie that i rented from here (open season) looked outstanding. I am downloading Bolt at the moment.

Thanks for the update. I gave Open Season 1 star. Let me know if you know how to make the 5.1 work. I think it really doesn't.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just watched "Meet the Robinsons". Good movie, 3d was well thought out with some "gimmicks", I would probably buy this on disc.

To answer my own question about 5.1 sound on these rentals requires using hdmi to your receiver for sound. The receiver must be able to process aac 5.1. I am using optical so I can only get stereo from these rentals. I don't know why they chose to do this when Netflix streaming can do 5.1 in DD or DTS nicely.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I posted this in my TV's thread but since its a PS3 3D issue maybe I'll get an answer here:

I have an odd situation(I think), I have the 58C8000, great TV but heres the odd thing I experienced, When watching 3D blurays on my Samsung 5900 they look absolutely great very little crosstalk on just about every BD I've watched, but if I go to watch the same movie in my PS3 the ghosting/crosstalk are unwatchable!! Now to get a few basic things out of the way..My 3D settings on the TV are mirrored for the BD player & PS3(literally exactly the same), & no the ps3 is not in game mode, BD Wise is not on,.. My TV, PS3, & Bd player are all on the latest firmwares, and have been for awhile now, both are hooked directly to the TV using HDMI 1.4..I noticed this last night when we went to watch Shrek 2 & for some reason the BD player would not play the disc(whole other issue, I should contact Amazon about an exchange) so we started to watch it in the ps3 and it was bad, even nauseating!! my entire family agreed it was not even watchable, so I gave it 1 last shot in the BD player & this time it worked and the 3D was %1000 better, any clue as too what's going on here?? I'm totally stumped

·
Registered
520 Posts
just got dont watching bolt it was ok. it has to be the darkest 3d movie i have seen. had to change my settings to vived. this is why i hate to rent 3d movies on the p3s. plus no 5.1 never again willi rent a movie on the ps3

·
Registered
15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DViper2399 /forum/post/0

I posted this in my TV's thread but since its a PS3 3D issue maybe I'll get an answer here:

I have an odd situation(I think), I have the 58C8000, great TV but heres the odd thing I experienced, When watching 3D blurays on my Samsung 5900 they look absolutely great very little crosstalk on just about every BD I've watched, but if I go to watch the same movie in my PS3 the ghosting/crosstalk are unwatchable!! Now to get a few basic things out of the way..My 3D settings on the TV are mirrored for the BD player & PS3(literally exactly the same), & no the ps3 is not in game mode, BD Wise is not on,.. My TV, PS3, & Bd player are all on the latest firmwares, and have been for awhile now, both are hooked directly to the TV using HDMI 1.4..I noticed this last night when we went to watch Shrek 2 & for some reason the BD player would not play the disc(whole other issue, I should contact Amazon about an exchange) so we started to watch it in the ps3 and it was bad, even nauseating!! my entire family agreed it was not even watchable, so I gave it 1 last shot in the BD player & this time it worked and the 3D was %1000 better, any clue as too what's going on here?? I'm totally stumped

My ps3 is not playing up to par neither. I watched despicable me last night and it looked like total crap but when I put it my samsung 3d bd player it shined
I have a samsung pn50c8000

·
Registered
220 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by csimac /forum/post/0

My ps3 is not playing up to par neither. I watched despicable me last night and it looked like total crap but when I put it my samsung 3d bd player it shined
I have a samsung pn50c8000

Its an odd issue but I found a fix, although annoying I have to do this it worked 3 out of 3 times I tested it out.....when I got the nausiating unwatchable effect on the PS3 while the 3D movie is playing I pause the movie, then switch sources on the TV & then switch back to the PS3 source, its worked for me 3 times I tested last night which I assume proves its probably not a PS3 issue.

·
Registered
713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DViper2399 /forum/post/19658367

Its an odd issue but I found a fix, although annoying I have to do this it worked 3 out of 3 times I tested it out.....when I got the nausiating unwatchable effect on the PS3 while the 3D movie is playing I pause the movie, then switch sources on the TV & then switch back to the PS3 source, its worked for me 3 times I tested last night which I assume proves its probably not a PS3 issue.

sounds like a communication issue between the tv and the ps3 .. and switching the source cause the two devices to reestablish and it was correct that time.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DViper2399 /forum/post/0

I will have to try thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.