AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found it interesting that of the only four or five commercials shown during the 3D presentation of the BCS National Championship game in theaters, three were for Killzone 2, Drakes 2 and Little Big Planet. Basically trailers for the first two and gameplay from the third. None were in 3D but they still looked great on the big screen.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinhmen /forum/post/15504690

I found it interesting that of the only four or five commercials shown during the 3D presentation of the BCS National Championship game in theaters, three were for Killzone 2, Drakes 2 and Little Big Planet. Basically trailers for the first two and gameplay from the third. None were in 3D but they still looked great on the big screen.

did you watch the game in a theater? is that what you're talking about?! otherwise: rabbit w/ pancake.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Google to the rescue!
Quote:
3D sporting events are becoming more and more commonplace but that doesn’t take away from their appeal. This year’s BCS Championship game is going to get the same treatment as the NFL game and the NBA All-Star game. The game is going to be shown, not only at CES ‘09 to a select group of 1,200 geeks, but also to sports fans in 35 states. (check for your local showings) The CES event is going to feature Sony 4k projectors at the Paris Hotel on January 8th. Should be a good time. We’ll let you know how it goes.

That's pretty cool; I'd love to see Killzone and Uncharted on the big screen. Too bad they didn't shell out for some regular TV ads too though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts