AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys looking for a little advice on a strange situation. i have a 60 gb ps3. watched 2 movies tonight The Descent and Invincible both of whick look incredible. 1 time during both movies my PS3 and HDMI seemed to lose sync or something and my screen started to blink. i had to turn off the display and then never had another problem the rest of the movie. it happened during both movies though. i have a 37'1080p Westinghouse display. i do have the hdmi handshaking issue with it but it never happened in film before. i would ignore it but i previously had a 20gb ps3 (traded up for the wifi and hdd space when i could find a 60) and it never happened on the 20 before. so does this sound like an issue to anyone or anyone experiencing this or do we think no big thing? thanks for any help

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
How long is your cable? Over 50ft (hidden cabling behind walls and ceiling) would need thicker and better built cabling. I used to have two cheap DVI cables extender and one hdmi->dvi with about 60 foot total and had lots of glitches like what you described before replacing it with one long cable.

For short runs, it shouldn't matter, but since the cables are so cheap ($4 in monoprice), yoy might as well get a few and see if by some fluke there was a problem in that one cable you have. [I've never seen a bad short cable, except for vga cables with bent/broken pins.

·
Registered
277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1965 /forum/post/0

How long is your cable? Over 50ft (hidden cabling behind walls and ceiling) would need thicker and better built cabling. I used to have two cheap DVI cables extender and one hdmi->dvi with about 60 foot total and had lots of glitches like what you described before replacing it with one long cable.

For short runs, it shouldn't matter, but since the cables are so cheap ($4 in monoprice), yoy might as well get a few and see if by some fluke there was a problem in that one cable you have. [I've never seen a bad short cable, except for vga cables with bent/broken pins.

I have a Westinghouse 42" display, and it happens to me also on a 10' HDMI cable from monoprice (thick cable). Basically it's a problem with the Westinghouse's ability to negotiate HDCP with the PS3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.