AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I wanted to start a single thread for us Sceptre users in this forum to capture what we have learned and if there is a potential fix for the "noise" received when viewing the PS3 in 1080p mode on the HDMI input.

PS3 Setting: 1080p

Input: HDMI or HDCP

Red and blue pixel noise within image.

PS3 Setting: 1080i

No problems.

PS3 Setting 1080p

Input: DVI

No problems. Display indicates it is a 1920x1080 signal. This is how I am currently configured but have to route audio through AMP etc.

Is there perhaps a problem with the HDMI 1.3 standard and the Sceptre? It seems to be clipping the brightest and darkest pixels which is perhaps related to that Deeper Color think supported in 1.3?

Or is the PS3 to blame?

I had previously had an upconvert 1080i DVD hooked up to the HDMI with no problem. And it seems like 1080i setting on the PS3 works fine as well.

Responses appreciated.

·
Registered
168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by colberto /forum/post/0

Hey all, I wanted to start a single thread for us Sceptre users in this forum to capture what we have learned and if there is a potential fix for the "noise" received when viewing the PS3 in 1080p mode on the HDMI input.

PS3 Setting: 1080p

Red and blue pixel noise within image.

PS3 Setting: 1080i

No problems.

PS3 Setting 1080p

Input: DVI

No problems. Display indicates it is a 1920x1080 signal. This is how I am currently configured but have to route audio through AMP etc.

Is there perhaps a problem with the HDMI 1.3 standard and the Sceptre? It seems to be clipping the brightest and darkest pixels which is perhaps related to that Deeper Color think supported in 1.3?

Or is the PS3 to blame?

I had previously had an upconvert 1080i DVD hooked up to the HDMI with no problem. And it seems like 1080i setting on the PS3 works fine as well.

Responses appreciated.

My Naga 37 is running fine at 1080p/60 with my PS3 over HDMI no image quality issues. I do have one of the first run nagas before any firmware changes with the second and subsequent waves (purchased mine in Aug of 2005), took until Nov 2006 to finally get my first HDMI 1080p source (ps3). I had been pushing my HTPC via VGA at 1080p/60 with no problems prior to the PS3.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.