AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know how to play Guitar Hero 3 (PC) on my PS3?

Can I play it directly from my PS3? Or would I have to stream the game from my laptop?

I can stream videofiles alright through Tversity, I would like to do the same for PC games so would it stream from Tversity aswell?

Also how can I play SNES games on my PS3? (Emus and Roms via streaming?)

·
Registered
32 Posts
sorry to burst yur bubble man but streaming media isnt the same as streaming a game

maybe they will get something like this working on the ps3 through linux someday but for right now its not possible

also i keep up on the emu scene pretty well and i dont think iv seen a snes emu for the ps3 yet (but who knows there may be one)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoonEQ /forum/post/12857500

sorry to burst yur bubble man but streaming media isnt the same as streaming a game

maybe they will get something like this working on the ps3 through linux someday but for right now its not possible

also i keep up on the emu scene pretty well and i dont think iv seen a snes emu for the ps3 yet (but who knows there may be one)

This is not true, as far as emulators go I dont think you can as of right now, though I am sure there is a way, like you said through linux.

BUT I KNOW that there is a way to stream PC GAMES, There has been an uproar recently because people are streaming Crysis (PC GAME) from their comps and playing it on their PS3.

I just came here for clarification on the process of doing so

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desprate4Quality /forum/post/12857814

This is not true, as far as emulators go I dont think you can as of right now, though I am sure there is a way, like you said through linux.

BUT I KNOW that there is a way to stream PC GAMES, There has been an uproar recently because people are streaming Crysis (PC GAME) from their comps and playing it on their PS3.

I just came here for clarification on the process of doing so

I actually wanted to try to complie a Ubuntu Live CD with the emulators & roms built into it and boot that off the PS3.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PlayStation_3

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desprate4Quality /forum/post/12858362

So as far as roms go are they playable through this program, AND can it be played with the PS3 sixaxis?

Ubuntu is just the OS. I'd need to build in an emulator to play the games then. I've been out of the *nix game for a while now so I dont know what's available. Last time I used any *nix was on an SGI workstation in like 1998...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorona76 /forum/post/12858517

Ubuntu is just the OS. I'd need to build in an emulator to play the games then. I've been out of the *nix game for a while now so I dont know what's available. Last time I used any *nix was on an SGI workstation in like 1998...

I see, Im glad to hear that the process is in the works

1 - 10 of 10 Posts