AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goal is to rip my DVD collection to my PC hard drive and view them on my 1080p plasma via my PS3 at the highest video quality posible. I do not care about disk space at all.

Here's my problem:

I have a PS3 and WMP11 on a Vista pc and I'm having trouble ripping certain DVD's. I have used AnyDvd and VOB2MPG on several DVD's and it works perfectly, but on I Am Legend I get Spanish when I selected only English, and the PS3 doesnt see the mpg file at all.

I have tried ripping with DVD Decrypter and DVDShrink to get rid of all languages except English and I can get a single VOB file but not a mpg the PS3 will see.

I tried converting the single VOB from DVDshrink to a mpeg with VOB2MPEG but I get no audio at all.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Sam

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Are there any suggestions on the best way to convert dvd's to a format readable by a PS3 thru a Windows Media Server? I have been assuming that MPEG-2 is the best format for this situation and that this is best accomplished by combining the VOB's into a single mpg file using VOB2MPG.

Are there any other options that would work better?

Sam

·
Registered
98 Posts
sam,

i was helping a co-worker today with a program called handbrake. i use handbrake to convert ripped dvd files to mp4 format for the PSP.

handbrake has preset settings for the psp as well as the ps3.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the Handbrake preset for the PS3 uses MPEG-4 and I would prefer to keep the video quality as high as possible.

Sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts