AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the Ps3 remote last night and was wondering what is the function of different colored buttons ? (Red, yellow, green, blue)

BTW, remote works like a charm and has great built quality and best of all, it only cost $25.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I also have the the Blu Ray Remote, but not sure what they are. I know when you use your PS3 controller as a remote it also gives you the Red, Yellow, Green, and Blue options. I did a Google search and it seems that nobody else really knows this answer either.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
my directv remote has the same sort of unlabeled 4 colored buttons. they are used primarily for interactive content with the directv receiver, like downloading vod stuff or sports scores or local weather reports. maybe sony has similar plans for their network eventually...

·
Registered
810 Posts
probably easy to use option for the future.... interactive content and such.... like press red to do whatever...

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya, thats possible. Maybe in future Blu-ray disks might have some special features that will use those buttons.

·
Registered
452 Posts
The HDDVD Player has similar buttons (called A, B, C and D) that are sort of like "assignable buttons" for movie studios. The only real time I recall them being used are for bookmarking scenes (and possibly the "U-Control" features on Tokyo Drift.. Can't remember if these were the ones used for that though).

·
Registered
734 Posts
I personally love this remote, great form-factor, intuitive controls, and bluetooth. I use my PS3 to play music for parties and the remote is perfect for changing songs and my guests think the combination is pretty slick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.