AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ps3 web browser works OK with one exception. I cannot read threads on this forum
. I can see the thread, but when I click on it, instead of going into the thread, it just refreshes the page and puts me where I was. Anyone else have/had this issue and is there anyway to fix it (tried clearing cache already).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts
Yeah, it's a weird, but simple, fix. When you go to the main page of avs, you have to click "Enter Main Forums" on the left side of the page. From there, click on the section you want (ex: for the PS page, click "Home Theaterr Gaming", and then Playstation. Everything should work fine as long as you follow these steps before clicking on a post to read it. Hope this helps!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by smail.nathan /forum/post/12894727


Yeah, it's a weird, but simple, fix. When you go to the main page of avs, you have to click "Enter Main Forums" on the left side of the page. From there, click on the section you want (ex: for the PS page, click "Home Theaterr Gaming", and then Playstation. Everything should work fine as long as you follow these steps before clicking on a post to read it. Hope this helps!

I thought I tried that before, but will give it a shot when I get home.


Thanks for the feedback.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried the above process, no dice. Anyone else have an idea (can you guys browse this site without any issues)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
The PS3 browser is as lame and useless as the PSP browser.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
594 Posts
this is an avs issue as I visit other forums and it works fine and it happened around the avs upgrade/update timeframe a few months back. I just never mentioned it before possibly because most members hate ps3/bd users. I kid, I kid! send a pm to the mod and have them take a look at it. I can give you comfirmation that ps3's browser works fine. it's avs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,618 Posts
This is off topic but,


I wish Sony would make the browser compatible with sites like ABC, CBS, FOX, etc... We will then be able to watch full streamed episodes of shows right on our big screens through the PS3. How cool would that be?


Sony can be really dumb at times!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc /forum/post/12899243


This is off topic but,


I wish Sony would make the browser compatible with sites like ABC, CBS, FOX, etc... We will then be able to watch full streamed episodes of shows right on our big screens through the PS3. How cool would that be?


Sony can be really dumb at times!

yeah, they should add support for flash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrinck /forum/post/12897813


The PS3 browser is as lame and useless as the PSP browser.

NOTHING on this planet is worse than the PSP browser. I remote play the PS3 just to use the browser on it if I need to use the web on my PSP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,223 Posts
yup, I can't browse this forum, but I can browse all the other sites I go on. I have no idea what it is about this forum than causes a problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kekborg /forum/post/12897562


Tried the above process, no dice. Anyone else have an idea (can you guys browse this site without any issues)?

I've browsed avs without problems, but I start from a bookmark. Maybe you could try entering the path to a forum like this (for this forum)

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=142


See if that works. If it does, save it as a bookmark.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rich, just curious, if you come in to the site via the native pages, can you still get into the threads (just asking because if thats the case then it means it can be done...ie, not the ps3 but potentially a router setting)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,600 Posts
My PS3 browser is always prompting me with: "Would you like to run the plugin for this page?"....it's so annoying.


Is anyone else getting this prompt? I get it on every webpage...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
If you want a fully functional browser on PS3, install Linux and use Firefox, Opera or whatever browser you usually use.


Problem solved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asshandler /forum/post/12908669


If you want a fully functional browser on PS3, install Linux and use Firefox, Opera or whatever browser you usually use.


Problem solved.

True! I do have it... Running YDL! However I have to boot to it during that time, and in order to play a game I would have to reboot



I use Linux when not using my "Windows" LAPTOP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,822 Posts
Yeah i can't get into the forums threads as well, i click on it and it just bring me back tto the PS3 index page. i can't enter threads.


weird eh?


every other website i visit works except for AVS. oh and that pop up that comes up now and again to ask you if you would like to run the plug in, what is it? i normaly just click no since i don't know what it is.


I tell you one great thing i like about the browser is saving any picture and using it as your PS3 wallpaper!



I also made a screensaver with a bunch of photos and created a playlist under the picture options menu in the PS3 menu and it's pretty cool!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
anyone find a fix yet? i cant select posts either. it just refreshes the screen. will have to try the bookmark workaround and see if that lets me in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadbury8 /forum/post/12938413


anyone find a fix yet? i cant select posts either. it just refreshes the screen. will have to try the bookmark workaround and see if that lets me in.

i found a way to enter the forums and make it work, you just have to click on the forums tab at the top when you first visit the AVS website, then click on "Home Theater Gaming" then click on "Playstation area"


it should work.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top