AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find the thread right now...but if you have a bluetooth enabled PC, will a PS3 controller install itself on the PC and be usable as a game controller on it, or do we have to wait for PS3 drivers for those controllers on a PC...

Sorry, I know this has been asked before, I can't seem to find the answer right now.

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow...now, if my PC has a bluetooth adapter...will it be recognized as a wireless joypad kind of thing? I just saw a cheap bluetooth adapter and it might be nice to have a joypad for the PC.....occasionally a game comes out that I'd prefer to play with a joypad (older tony hawk games, for example, that kind of thing).

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have an ACER Travelmate 8210 with built in BT and tried to get the PS3 remote to connect via BT. Never had any luck. Didnt try usb though.

The issue is in getting the controller into discoverable mode... (if you are familiar with BT, that should make sense)

Plus whenever I hit the PS button, the PS3 turns on, and I'm too lazy to get off the couch and turn the PS3 main switch off

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm a relative BT noob but I know what you're talking about, right ok...I can see how the PS3 has to "discover" its controller by first plugging it into the USB port on the PS3...register it..whatever.

Interesting even if it works wired via the USB......nice to have a free PC controller if it indeed does work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.