AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i dont know if this happens to you guys but this bugs the hell out of me....i have a 60gb ps3 bc version.....when i stream movies through ps3 media server or really any stream server program my divx movies look like its running 120hz i do not have a 120hz tv .....when the movie plays all the movements look fast i dont know what could cause this .....i hooked up a divx player to my tv and burned a dvd with the divx movie on it and it plays perfectly fine no 120hz look or fast movement through whole movie.....

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
divx really is an outdated codec. there are much better compressors out today that will give you a better picture.

to solve your problem, what are the file details? resolution, size, bitrate etc? what kind of source are they from, tv, video, film?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitlet /forum/post/18172106

divx really is an outdated codec. there are much better compressors out today that will give you a better picture.

to solve your problem, what are the file details? resolution, size, bitrate etc? what kind of source are they from, tv, video, film?

its a R5 DVD but .avi

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
and again...

Quote:
to solve your problem, what are the file details? resolution, size, bitrate etc?

if you dont know how to get that, download MediaInfo, open the file and post the results here.

also what program are you using to convert dvd to divx? again, there are many newer codecs that will give you a much better picture and smaller file size, namely h264.

·
Registered
136 Posts
make sure that the ps3 media server is not transcoding the movie if it does not have to! I have had some strange playback results and loss of quality if the ps3 media server is not just streaming files the Ps3 can nativly accept!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts