AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapS /forum/post/0

Where can I get a warranty? I bought it from gamespot and don't want their rip off warranty.

It's either from them or Sony. I don't think Sony directly offers an extended warranty. Why not return it and then purchase again from another stores that you like their warranty offerings?

·
Registered
58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nith /forum/post/0

How are you going to use the warranty when you need it? Or just market gimmick

from MasterCard/VISA/Amex?

You just call the 800 #, they will direct you to Visa Enhancement Services. They way this works is you find someone to fix the product, pay for it and send them the bill, they will send you a check. I used this once to fix my $700 digital camera. The bill was about $400. Took about 3-4 weeks to get the check IIRC (this was back in 2002) but I was happy. Not to bad for a free warranty.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Although it's an additional 1 year free warranty, I still think it is a big hassle and risky (find your own repairer, paid for repair upfront, working to get reimbursement etc...).

I would rather paid for the extended warranty and hassle free.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Am I super if I bought mine from Costco and used my Mastercard to buy it?? I dont remember any Mastercard extended warranty. Do I have to call Mastercard? I bought a casio digicam that broke and its 1.5 years from when I bought it from Newegg.

·
Registered
735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo /forum/post/0

Am I super if I bought mine from Costco and used my Mastercard to buy it?? I dont remember any Mastercard extended warranty. Do I have to call Mastercard? I bought a casio digicam that broke and its 1.5 years from when I bought it from Newegg.

You are better protected by the Costco return policy than anything else. If you ever have PS3 trouble you should be able to return it to Costco and just get a replacement. I really wish we had a Costco near here!

·
Registered
657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwisenyc /forum/post/0

I bought mine from Best Buy. I didn't get the warranty last week, however is it possible for me to still purchase it now? Has anyone bought the warranty after the purchase?

I think you can still do it as long as it's still within the 30 days return policy. If they don't allow you to buy it; pack it up and shove back to them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.