AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to possibly buy a PS3 Eye...and wanted to see some opinions from people who OWN IT already--

is it worth getting? I know there are not too many programs/games out yet, but wanted to see what people's experiences with the ones that are out currently.

I have a 3 yr. old son who may find some of the PStore Eye downloads fun, and was thinking about checking this out.

Thanks!

·
Banned
5 Posts
yep I have one

I think its great and very very enjoying.

About the games, u may want to try eye of judgement

links may help you

Eye of Judgement Pack

PS3 Eye

here are some coupon codes if you want to buy they will expire on 31 Jan.

5$ off 50$+ coupon: RE-TAI-LAA

10$ off 100$+ coupon: RE-TAI-LAB

·
Registered
200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchi /forum/post/12877293

I'm looking to possibly buy a PS3 Eye...and wanted to see some opinions from people who OWN IT already--

is it worth getting?

Thanks!

I have it and use it for video chat with my family some times. there are also a few games that are "interesting" ( they will improve).

To be honest, while i have a few games for my PS3 i mainly use it for the other multimedia features it has. I love the idea of being able to login to my PS3 and speak to my family (who can see my daughter beside me) in a video chat session (all on a 52" LCD )

It just reminds me of the big talk of "convergency" that was the vision of technology during the dotcom boom. On a single device in my living room i can use IM, VOIP, Video Chat, play games, music and watch movies (and soon VOD). And when i am on the road, stream all that to my PSP.......HOW COOL IS THAT !!!

Anyway i digress, to answer your question, yes, get the PS-EYE. It is good now and will fulfill its roll/value in the (near) future.

-Kurt

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Ive been meaning to ask, how is the video chat on ps3? Is it a significant upgrade from Skype? Also is there a way to video chat from your ps3 to a computer, or is it ps3 to ps3 only?

·
Registered
880 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonstiller /forum/post/12879711

Ive been meaning to ask, how is the video chat on ps3? Is it a significant upgrade from Skype? Also is there a way to video chat from your ps3 to a computer, or is it ps3 to ps3 only?

Yeah how is the quality of this camera's video compared to pc web cams?

·
Registered
311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingram /forum/post/12879844

Yeah how is the quality of this camera's video compared to pc web cams?

I think its on par with the more expensive PC webcams. Its good in low light environment but not shocking. I have no regret, its a awesome mic too.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have never had a problem with video quality with the PS-EYE however i tend to use mine in a well lit room.

Since the announcement of PSP supporting the skype API i am optimistic that this functionality will come to the PS3 also, since there are so many people that i could also IM,VOIP and video chat with who use skype (and do not own a PS3).

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK THANKS For all the replies!

I just picked the PS Eye + Eye of Judgement up yesterday. It's great!

My son loves the simple visuals and effects when he moves his body around...

Question on Eye of Judgement for those who have it:

If I wanted to play against another person (locally, not online), do they NEED to have their OWN 30 card deck? Can we use a single card deck that was supplied with the game? (i wasn't planning on buying another deck, when friends come over, etc).

THANKS

·
Registered
1,110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchi /forum/post/12885667

OK THANKS For all the replies!

I just picked the PS Eye + Eye of Judgement up yesterday. It's great!

My son loves the simple visuals and effects when he moves his body around...

Question on Eye of Judgement for those who have it:

If I wanted to play against another person (locally, not online), do they NEED to have their OWN 30 card deck? Can we use a single card deck that was supplied with the game? (i wasn't planning on buying another deck, when friends come over, etc).

THANKS

Unfortunately, yes - you would need to have a second deck if they didn't have their own. Each player will need a deck to play. The wife and I enjoyed the hour we messed around with it - and we've never been into the CCG before. I'm going to post a full review on my experiences with the game and the eye after I get some more time with them this month.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks Mako for the info about the cards.

Do you know if I can get several booster packs foe the 2nd player, or do I need to buy a Starter Pack ?

How do people who play the game with others with their own decks prevent mixing up their cards with their friends (since they look the same) ?

thanks

·
Registered
1,110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchi /forum/post/12887295

thanks Mako for the info about the cards.

Do you know if I can get several booster packs foe the 2nd player, or do I need to buy a Starter Pack ?

I bought the starter pack / eye combo and then the Biolith Scourge Theme Deck from Amazon.com.

The wife and I will probably combine the two and have a drawing to split them up 'fairly' for our own initial play. The theme decks come with a full deck of cards to support gameplay. There are several out there - Water Barrage, Fire Crusader, etc. - but I don't know anything about them at this point. Someone else might be better suited in getting you details on the individual decks. My own personal opinion is that variety is the spice of life so I'd buy a theme deck that trips your trigger and divide the cards between the two for some creature variety.

Quote:
How do people who play the game with others with their own decks prevent mixing up their cards with their friends (since they look the same) ?

thanks

The game keeps track of who's cards are who's through the course of play but that doesn't mean things can't get mixed up in the process of setup or take down I guess. The cards are the same so you'll either have to be careful or know your deck well enough to know what you should have and what's missing - or mark the front side in some way. That last option isn't the greatest since these are supposed to be collector's cards and marking them is probably frowned upon. I think most office stores sell the small dots that are non-marking and removable that would serve as temporary ownership identifiers that could be placed on the card backs if you are concerned about it. Think I have a box of them at home actually and might give that a shot when the wife and I divide them up.

Have fun and good luck!

·
Registered
174 Posts
i have one and i love it. 6 person video chat rooms are a bunch of fun! i would recommend it. plus if you look at the eye toy it's only like 5 bucks cheaper then the PS3 eye.

·
Registered
200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingless92 /forum/post/12887386

i have one and i love it. 6 person video chat rooms are a bunch of fun! i would recommend it. plus if you look at the eye toy it's only like 5 bucks cheaper then the PS3 eye.

Oh, i want to add people should be aware that some games only work with the PS3-EYE and not the Eye-Toy (PS2) or other USB cam.

Also check out eyecreate cool toy (i say toy because it only stores a max of 2GB)

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Has anyone found a way to successfully get your Eyecreate final movies (clips and pics are put together and then transfered to the XMB)on the PC to view/edit/etc.?

I emailed PS Blog about it. They replied and told me that they do it all the time, and a lot of their videos on the site are made by the PS Eye. Although, they did not tell me how to do it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
How do the games compare to eye-toy games? We bought a eye-toy for our PS2 about a year ago and I ended up selling on eBay soon after because it never really worked that well. If I recall correctly we had some type of bowling game that wasn't very responsive. For anyone that has used the eye-toy is this a big upgrade?

Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyholdem /forum/post/12877446

yep I have one

I think its great and very very enjoying.

About the games, u may want to try eye of judgement

links may help you

Eye of Judgement Pack

PS3 Eye

here are some coupon codes if you want to buy they will expire on 31 Jan.

5$ off 50$+ coupon: RE-TAI-LAA

10$ off 100$+ coupon: RE-TAI-LAB

used one thanks

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
anyone try it with burnout paradise yet? that's the reason i bought one. can't wait to try it out.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protopet /forum/post/12889597

Has anyone found a way to successfully get your Eyecreate final movies (clips and pics are put together and then transfered to the XMB)on the PC to view/edit/etc.?

I emailed PS Blog about it. They replied and told me that they do it all the time, and a lot of their videos on the site are made by the PS Eye. Although, they did not tell me how to do it.

Yep any idea?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts