AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Updated last night. Ever since updating I can't get Vieralink (HDMI-CEC) to work with my PS3 anymore. My Panasonic S2 just doesn't want to control it anymore, yet previously it worked just fine and I could use my Panasonic TV remote to control my PS3's XMB and all that good stuff. Anyone else have any problems with HDMI-CEC post update?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Its confirmed the new update brix all PS3s

·
Registered
1,473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDam77 /forum/post/19609846

They forgot to include me.

Mine is doing fine after the update.

Lies!

·
Registered
146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK1997 /forum/post/19609590

Updated last night. Ever since updating I can't get Vieralink (HDMI-CEC) to work with my PS3 anymore. My Panasonic S2 just doesn't want to control it anymore, yet previously it worked just fine and I could use my Panasonic TV remote to control my PS3's XMB and all that good stuff. Anyone else have any problems with HDMI-CEC post update?

After further investigation, my TV will still turn my PS3 automatically on when I set it to the HDMI input I have my PS3 hooked up to. However, the remote as I mentioned will not navigate the XMB like it did previously.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coneyparleg /forum/post/19609696

Its confirmed the new update brix all PS3s

Confirmed. Coincidentally, my new brick is capable of doing everything my PS3 did.

Just a minor gripe, but I hate how the patching system works on the PS3. I wish it would just inform me there is an update when I start my system up. It instead lets you load up your game off the dashboard and waits for you to try to play online before telling you that you need to update your firmware. Then you need to close down the game, navigate through dashboard menu's, manually login, etc etc.

·
Banned
9,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson /forum/post/19610145

Confirmed. Coincidentally, my new brick is capable of doing everything my PS3 did.

Just a minor gripe, but I hate how the patching system works on the PS3. I wish it would just inform me there is an update when I start my system up. It instead lets you load up your game off the dashboard and waits for you to try to play online before telling you that you need to update your firmware. Then you need to close down the game, navigate through dashboard menu's, manually login, etc etc.

Set auto-login to on, problem solved. It'll give you a message as soon as the system logs into the PSN.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII /forum/post/19610183

Set auto-login to on, problem solved. It'll give you a message as soon as the system logs into the PSN.

When I turn my PS3 on my friends list comes up and I get my mail and whatnot so I am pretty sure it is auto-logging in. I do not however get notifications of firmware updates.

(edit: Now that I think about it, i think it just doesn't auto-login when there is a firmware update, it does not take me to any notification screen. When I go into a game and try to play online it brings up the manual login screen and I then get the notification after logging in there).

·
Banned
9,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson /forum/post/19610248

When I turn my PS3 on my friends list comes up and I get my mail and whatnot so I am pretty sure it is auto-logging in. I do not however get notifications of firmware updates.

(edit: Now that I think about it, i think it just doesn't auto-login when there is a firmware update, it does not take me to any notification screen. When I go into a game and try to play online it brings up the manual login screen and I then get the notification after logging in there).

Hmmm, that's weird. Maybe you're tuning it on by inserting the game? I think that's the only time I've had that issue.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson /forum/post/19610248

It's not a whole screen, just a quick message in the top-right corner that goes away after a few seconds. I just turned mine on and got it. And you can't actually log into PSN without updating.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgohan /forum/post/19611084

It's not a whole screen, just a quick message in the top-right corner that goes away after a few seconds. I just turned mine on and got it. And you can't actually log into PSN without updating.

Hmm, this may very well be the case and I would probably miss it 99% of the time. I usually turn my PS3 on and let it start up before switching to the input.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I rarely play online games with the PS3. However, I do like to download demos and videos off the store. It seems that every time I update the firmware and download stuff, a week or two later, there's another friggin update!

·
Registered
435 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgohan /forum/post/19611084

I saw this too for FW 3.55. It went by pretty quick, so if you were not watching the screen when the PS3 started you would miss it.

·
Registered
850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath /forum/post/19613250

I rarely play online games with the PS3. However, I do like to download demos and videos off the store. It seems that every time I update the firmware and download stuff, a week or two later, there's another friggin update!
This website shows the PS3 firmware updates are generally at least a month apart, if not more. Very rarely do we have to update within a couple of weeks.

Although, for someone who uses the PS3 once in a while, it could be cumbersome updating the firmware.

Well, at least Sony gives us new things with new firmware.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zervinb /forum/post/19613473

Well, at least Sony *usually* gives us new things with new firmware.

Corrected

·
Registered
5,407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zervinb /forum/post/19613473

This website shows the PS3 firmware updates are generally at least a month apart, if not more. Very rarely do we have to update within a couple of weeks.

Although, for someone who uses the PS3 once in a while, it could be cumbersome updating the firmware.

Well, at least Sony gives us new things with new firmware.

yeah I usually download newer demos/videos once a month. go figure.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.