AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of having to skim through all the topics for upcoming PS3 games, I thought it would be fun to collect everyone's thoughts in one post about all the games everyone is looking forward to. Please post pictures or links to previews, screen shots, release dates, and news, if you can! Also, let us know what you look for in a game. What interests you most. Do you first get excited about graphics or a new style of game play? Or maybe there's a game you're looking forward to mostly because of the on-line play?

Try to remain constructive, though. Avoid saying that an upcoming game is probably not going to live up to your expectations. I'm hoping we can get each other excited about something we might not all have heard about yet, or maybe even change someone's mind about a game they might not be all that interested in.

Personally, I'm very excited about Assassin's Creed and Resident Evil 5 most. I like adventure games that immerse me into gigantic imaginative worlds that I can take my time exploring, and working my way through. A friend of mine crosses days off the calendar until the next Final Fantasy game (the first one for the PS3 will be Final Fantasy XIII), and now that I own a Playstation, myself, I can soon finally see what all the fuss is that she makes about this series! I'm hoping there'll be a Prince of Persia game for the PS3, eventually, because Prince of Persia has consistently been my favourite game to play.

And you?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Motorstorm

Virtual Fighter 5 or 6 or whatever it is

Metal Gear

Tekken 6

Everything else I'll probably get on my 360.

·
Registered
493 Posts
In the short term, MOTORSTORM!

For the rest of the year, I'm looking foward to (ps3 exclusives):

Ratchet and Clank

Hot Shots Golf 5

God of War II (will be AWESOME!)

MGS4

Heavenly Sword

Those are the main ones. Obviously there's a ton of multiplatform games I'm looking foward to.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Gran Theft Auto 4

GT5

Metal Gear

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
I'm looking forward to original games that I don't know about right now, haven't heard of, and may not even be in development stages at the moment. Assasin's Creed is along these lines, although I can't say I'm looking forward to it on specifically the PS3.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I've been enjoying the Motostorm & GTHD demos.

I'm looking forward to the full version of Motostorm & the main reason I have a PS3 is Gran Turismo 5!!

I'll also be getting F1 next month.

(can you tell I like driving games!LOL)

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
So far only Mercenaries 2. I really enjoyed the first one. I am looking forward to God Of War 3 but thats a long way out for sure.

My son is greatly anticipating Motorstorm.

·
Registered
810 Posts
PES/Winning Eleven... whenever it comes out, crowd in Europe will go crazy...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Final Fantasy

Metal Gear

Army of Two

GRAW 2

RE 5

GT

Assassins Creed

Basically I want these games because I want to see where they take these classics to the next level. I'm excited about it in that aspect. Especially Metal Gear. Although Assassins Creed isn't a classic I don't know which platform to get it on as of yet. Most likely on the PS3.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Games in no particular order:

Final Fantasy

God of War

Devil May Cry

Motorstorm

Gran Turismo

Socom

Resident Evil

White Kinight Story

Monster Kingdom: Unknown Realms (Shirokishi)

Heavenly Sword

Resistance: Expansion Pack

Metal Gear Solid 4

Speng.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Motorstorm is top on my list from the second I played the demo. I hope they change their minds and include multiplayer splitscreen. Online should be great though.

Lair is next. I love the stuff Factor 5 did for Gamecube with the Rogue Squadron series. There is a good chance that they will get the flight mechanics just right and the sixaxis will be correctly utilized. And of course, it doesn't look half bad either. The game oozes style and the cool factor is off the charts. I mean were talkin about flying a frickin dragon here.

After reading the latest interviews Heavenly Sword is on my list. Everyone who plays it seems to be very impressed. Play mechanics look highly developed.

UT07. I loved UT04 on my pc, but the old 6800gt just won't cut it. If they get the online right on this title it will be so much fun. I have not heard if they will have split screen but I hope so and it would be a good reason to pick up some extra sixaxis's.

MGS4. Never played the series, but the trailers and the reputation of Kojima have my attention.

Many more but I'll have to let it out another time.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
If GT5 supports Force Feedback, (clutch modeling and six-speed shifter supprt would be nice as well) then I would probably lose most of my social life to that game. If it doesn't, I'll pass.

That's really the only PS3 title I'm really keeping an eye on. Cross-platform titles I'll probably get on the 360, unless the PS3 version is simply outright better without question.

Lair looks interesting, though, and has plenty of "wow" factor potential.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm eager to get a PS3 version of Champions of Norrath. My wife loves these kinds of games and played the crap out of the two for PS2.

·
Registered
924 Posts
No particular order, except for my #1

BIG

MGS4

Eight Days

GRAW 2

Assassin's Creed

Splinter Cell: Double Agent

RE5

The Getaway

FFXIII

Heavenly Sword

DMC4

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.