AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hours and hours of Full Auto 2 last night, I had my first hiccup. All of a sudden the screen froze and a loud noise came from the PS3. At first I thought it was coming from the BD drive, but then it sounded like it was coming from the fan. I believe those are the only parts that make noise? Anyways it sounded like the fan all of a sudden had a bad bearing, and I was hearing the screach of the bearing or the fan blades hitting something. I don't know how else to describe it.
Anyways it was a hiccup, in that it went away after 30 seconds, and rebooting fixed the screen freezing. Played another 2 hours without a problem, but now I am paranoid. Any thoughts? The red light never came on, so it wasn't overheated, and did not feel abnormally hot.

·
Registered
241 Posts
you might call sony tech support to see if this is something they are aware of. what model do you have? the 20 gig models have had several hard drive failures. my 20 gig hard drive was louder then the 160gig seagate i installed in it, so i would be willing to bet that mine would have started making noise if i had not changed to the 160.

side note: have you had full auto 2 online yet? how many people actually play this game online? i would pick it up but i don't want to have it like rr7 where very few people from the us play this game, and the online would be the only reason for me to pick it up.

thanks

anthony

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally posted by Azzkker

side note: have you had full auto 2 online yet? how many people actually play this game online? i would pick it up but i don't want to have it like rr7 where very few people from the us play this game, and the online would be the only reason for me to pick it up.

Yes I have played it online, and yes it is a crap shoot as far as if you will need to wait a couple minutes for 4 players to show up for a game. Sometimes I'll log on and there are instantly 4 to 8 people ready to race, and sometimes I sit their waiting for others to show up. If you are a Twisted Matal fan, the arena battles are a blast online. As far as I know this is the closest game on any console to Twisted Metal. And its cool trying to get your online ranking closer to #1.

Since my PS3 is back to normal, I won't bother calling Sony. I just thought it was kinda odd, and figured I would throw it out there...

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just the 1 year Sony warranty.

·
Banned
134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1212 /forum/post/0

Well, that's pretty unethical don't you think?

Yes well .... I figure while I'm up late at night, unable to sleep due to my unethical behavior, I will be "consoled" knowing I have a brand new PS3 I can use to pass the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.