AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hooked up an optical audio cable to my PS3 last night. My current configuration is: HDMI running direct to television, and optical audio cable running to optical in on my computer soundcard.

The digital sound when I play games or watch blue-rays is great. However, when I am messing around in the xmb, or watching downloaded movie clips or downloaded game demos, the sound comes through the HDMI cable and comes through my TV speakers, instead of going through my 5.1 computer speakers. And when I played Tekken Resurrection last night, sound was coming through BOTH the HDMI and optical cables, with a slight delay which caused an echo effect.

Does anyone know why it is doing this, and how I can get all sound through my optical cable?

·
Registered
150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox1966 /forum/post/0

I hooked up an optical audio cable to my PS3 last night. My current configuration is: HDMI running direct to television, and optical audio cable running to optical in on my computer soundcard.

The digital sound when I play games or watch blue-rays is great. However, when I am messing around in the xmb, or watching downloaded movie clips or downloaded game demos, the sound comes through the HDMI cable and comes through my TV speakers, instead of going through my 5.1 computer speakers. And when I played Tekken Resurrection last night, sound was coming through BOTH the HDMI and optical cables, with a slight delay which caused an echo effect.

Does anyone know why it is doing this, and how I can get all sound through my optical cable?

I have a similar setup and I turned off the speakers in my TV. I don't use them anyway as I have everything through my receiver.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I wouldn't mind doing that, but the problem is that the xmb sound, the downloaded movie clips, and the downloaded games ONLY come through the tv speaker via the HDMI cable, instead of getting sound for these through the optical.

·
Registered
150 Posts

Quote:

Well, I wouldn't mind doing that, but the problem is that the xmb sound, the downloaded movie clips, and the downloaded games ONLY come through the tv speaker via the HDMI cable, instead of getting sound for these through the optical.

Do you have the optical only selected in the in Audio Settings?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

Quote:

did you set audio for Optical in the XMB audio control settings?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did set audio for optical in the control settings, and I am getting optical audio on ps3 blu ray games, and blu ray movies. Just not on anything else. There is only one place to choose optical, right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts