AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong forum but it deals with the audio section of an LCD display.

I was going to purchase the 42LD450 LG LCD TV, it has a built in DD decoder. Now I'd like to use this for my computer and PS3. I have a main system downstairs with a high end receiver, I can't afford to buy another receiver at this time.

So my question is, if I hook the PS3 up to the tv via HDMI (video + audio), the tv has a headphone output. I was planning on ONLY using headphone with this tv, so will I be able to get 5.1 headphone signal this way? Or is that not possible?

I'm trying to get the best audio through headphones I can without buying anything but the TV. Thanks!

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
5.1 headphone signal?? Headphone outputs are stereo. It would be a stereo downmix.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm ok, can't afford to buy new headphones.

I know it's stero but there is a big difference in sound on my Yamaha wearing headphones when I have DD/DTS selected, or use 2 channel stereo.

I may just use it for now and keep an eye out for a under $50 receiver on Craiglist, just need something bare bones with optical.

·
Registered
123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadpaladin /forum/post/19522053

Hmm ok, can't afford to buy new headphones.

I know it's stero but there is a big difference in sound on my Yamaha wearing headphones when I have DD/DTS selected, or use 2 channel stereo.

I may just use it for now and keep an eye out for a under $50 receiver on Craiglist, just need something bare bones with optical.

Have you looked into a headphone amp like the one Astro sells for gaming? It accepts a optical input and supports dolby headphone giving you a simulated 5.1 that actually sounds pretty damn good.

http://www.astrogaming.com/products/detail/69/MixAmp/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts