AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have an issue that searches can't resolve. I just bought an new receiver (Sony str-hd720) it has 4 HDMI inputs. I run Bell Satellite to reciever using HDMI. When I plug the PS3 HDMI into the receiver (dedicated BD input or Game input) its like it does not see the signal. I tried plugging the PS3 HDMI into all 4 ports with the same result. I know the inputs work cause when I plug the sat into all for ports I can watch TV through all! I know the PS3 including HDMI cable work cause when I plug direct to the TV it plays

Any thoughts?? Please!

Dave

·
Registered
562 Posts
Plug the ps3 into the receiver and receiver to tv with everything plugged in (power and cables) and everything powered on. Press the power button and hold in down without releasing it till you hear two beeps from the ps3. See if that gets you video.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the ideas and suggestions. Turns out there was some sort of issue with the monster HDMI cord between the receiver and the TV. A last desperate attempt had me add a new cable there and it is now working and working very good.

Thanks again,

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.