AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my PS3 last night and have run into a problem with the HDMI connection. I have an Toshiba 30HF84 tv with HDMI. When I hook up the HDMI cable to the ps3 and t.v I'm not getting a picture or sound. I reset the PS3 and all settings but still nothing. I decided to hook it up to our Philips 37 LCD with HDMI and it worked perfectly. I know some have gotten the PS3 to work with my model of tv using HDMI but I've been unable to thus far.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah I had the same thing with my 30" HDTV here, but I fixed it now! It wasn't with the games, it was with the BD DVDs when I tried playing those.

Set up your HDMI connection on there with PS3 to make sure it's set up right! Then try playing a game or whatever you're trying to do! I had to reset my PS3 a couple times to make it work, and eventually my TV adopted the HDMI connection!

I also think it's the problem how ppl connect their cables! The proper way is to turn off your TV and to power off your PS3 completely, then make connections to the TV and PS3! When everything is connected turn them on and see what you got!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.