AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 60 GB PS3 as well as a samsung DLP TV with DVI input and atatched a HDMI adapter to the back of my PS3 to see if I could run it through the DVI cable. Everything was working fine, and I was getting HDMI video quality, but I noticed my PS3 could not connect to the internet. I called Sony support and asked what was going on. The guy said that by using a 3rd party adapter, I was somehow screwing with the PS3's ability to connect to the internet.

I unhooked the DVI adapter, and attatched the stock composite cables, and surprisingly, I found that my PS3 could connect to the internet flawlessly. Has anybody experienced this?

Is there any advice on how I could connect my PS3 to my tv via DVI, without losing internet connectivity from the PS3 (or another method of recieving HD quality from my PS3 maybe without using a DVI connection)?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Now that's odd. I'd never heard of anyone having that problem before. You wouldn't think one would have anything to do with the other at all. I'm using an HDMI/DVI cable on my PS3 into my RCA DLP, with no issues at all connecting.

I guess if you can't figure it out, you could always buy a set of quality component cables. You'll still be able to get the HD quality picture (though HDMI/DVI was still a little better in my experience.)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Are you hardwired or wireless for your PS3 internet?

That does seem odd that the DVI adapter would somehow conflict with the ethernet port. I have a Toshiba with DVI and am using a HDMI to DVI adapter and haven't had any issues. Looks like it might be the adapter since the internet works when you tested the component cables. I'm also hardwired for internet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.