AVS Forum banner
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

PS3 Interface Video

498 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  MaliciousBraham
Very PSP-esque, looks nice and clean though.

http://pspupdates.qj.net/PS3-s-inter...g/49/aid/38576
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktoberrust11
Very PSP-esque, looks nice and clean though.

http://pspupdates.qj.net/PS3-s-inter...g/49/aid/38576
Looks pretty slick. Cool.
With a web browser, wouldn't that let PS3 get viruses and other things?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocko1290
With a web browser, wouldn't that let PS3 get viruses and other things?
Virsuses attack operating systems. Theoretically someone could find a way around this, I suppose, but it's unlikely you'll ever see something like that. Most likely the browser will be stripped to bare essentials leaving very few security holes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdank
Virsuses attack operating systems. Theoretically someone could find a way around this, I suppose, but it's unlikely you'll ever see something like that. Most likely the browser will be stripped to bare essentials leaving very few security holes.
which also means it wouldnt be able to view alot of websites... thus really negating the purpose of having a browser in the first place. will be interesting to see how they work it.
Quote:
Doesn't it run on linux? Not too many viruses on that platform.
Looks clean and slick, but totally lacks the personality of the 360 Dash. In fact, it has no life at all. Seems very cold to me.
Quote:
I thought all PS3's ship with Linux? Isnt linux an OS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocko1290
I thought all PS3's ship with Linux? Isnt linux an OS?
It is. However, it seemed the original poster was asking on a machine level, as in any machine on the internet could get viruses which concerned him. Most viruses are written to attack Windows systems. In the PS3, you'll have a stripped down Linux version running with limited access to system resources. It could be targetted by a virsus maker, but unlikely, especially given the limited web browser that will be on there.
Thats sweet. I love the PSP interface... I was hoping they wouldnt change it too much for the PS3, and it looks like they didnt.

smooth lik butta
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.