AVS Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1200 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwetter /forum/post/14115247

It may be my problem, but it's due to Logitech's terrible design.

Sorry, but that is the way Harmony remotes have worked since they first came out. They only track the power of devices turned on by activities and off by the Off button. They do not track Power commands done in device mode because they treat those commands the same as any other button press.

One thing you might try is switching to the long power off macro. I have found that if I accidently send the long power off macro the first PS button press will turn the PS3 on, the two down button presses will just move the cursor on the XMB, then the PS hold for 3.5 sec, X, X, will turn the PS3 back off.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie 1.8 /forum/post/14115371

I'm a little behind on this thread, as it's been a while since I tracked it. But what unit are you (the last 3 guys to post) using to control your PS3, including power on/off, with your Harmony 880? I had planned on checking out the PS3IR+BT when it became available (in July I think), but maybe what you are using is just fine, and what I am looking for. And what device to you have in your 880 that maps to the PS3 controls? Thank you.

I would suggest you check out this thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1016741

·
Registered
9,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie 1.8 /forum/post/14115420

To me, it sounds as though you have told your Harmony that you want to leave your PS3 on all the time. Or, that there are no power buttons for your PS3. If you choose to turn off your PS3 when not in use, then it will respond to the ALL OFF command.

No, I told the Harmony to leave the PS3 (as well as my other components) ON when switching activities.

The setting is here:

Activities / Settings / Change Options / Turn Off Unused Devices / Leave On

You have to do this to all your activities where you don't want the devices turning off while switching between them. Basically once I turn a device on it will stay on until I hit ALL OFF. Some people may not like this, but I don't want my DVD or PS3 to turn off if I'm just switching over to watch a show on TV while my other devices are paused.

·
Registered
416 Posts
There has been a flurry of posts on the web about problems related to the latest PS3 firmware V2.4. I just want to assure all Schmartz.com customers that our PS3IR products have been tested and verified to work flawlessly with this newest PS3 firmware release.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got my PS3. Agree it is aggravating that I cannot turn it on or off without the controller or BT remote by using my Harmony. I understand that there are various ways to use a PS2 remote adapter and a Harmony remote to control all other functions (aside from on/off). One thing I was told was that the reason the on/off does not work is because the PS3 does not power up the USB outlets before it is on. Has anyone tried (I am sure they have), using a powered USB hub with the dongle plugged in it, then connected to the PS3? I guess there are a variety of ways to try to backfeed power to the usb slots, but just curious if it had been tried....

·
Registered
416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan R B /forum/post/14234293

Just got my PS3. Agree it is aggravating that I cannot turn it on or off without the controller or BT remote by using my Harmony. I understand that there are various ways to use a PS2 remote adapter and a Harmony remote to control all other functions (aside from on/off). One thing I was told was that the reason the on/off does not work is because the PS3 does not power up the USB outlets before it is on. Has anyone tried (I am sure they have), using a powered USB hub with the dongle plugged in it, then connected to the PS3? I guess there are a variety of ways to try to backfeed power to the usb slots, but just curious if it had been tried....

Yes, a powered hub will supply power while the PS3 is off. However there doesn't seem to be a mapping of the relevant power controls to USB.

There are several IR converters that provide full control of the PS3. I would recommend my product, the PS3IR-PRO as it works well even with the latest PS3 firmware. But there are others out there so you may want to do your homework before deciding. Just Google it.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Just thought I would share my experience. I received my IR4PS3 from Ben about a month ago and completed the assembly using the PS3 Bluetooth remote I already owned. Everything went as described and the system has workied flawlessly as programed on my Pronto Remote.

Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I was setting up a harmony 1000 for a friend after he bought the nyko blu-wave...I setup the bluewave and everything works great except the OK button the the 1000...it brings up the "display" on the screen..I tried to map the ok button to X and also tried learning the enter button from the nyko remote and mapped it to the OK button, but everything I tried it still brought up the "display" option...

any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelw23 /forum/post/14642559

So I was setting up a harmony 1000 for a friend after he bought the nyko blu-wave...I setup the bluewave and everything works great except the OK button the the 1000...it brings up the "display" on the screen..I tried to map the ok button to X and also tried learning the enter button from the nyko remote and mapped it to the OK button, but everything I tried it still brought up the "display" option...

Make sure that you are mapping the X button to the PS3 activity and not just the device.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Quote:

I had the same problem with custom mapping buttons until I downloaded the 7.5 version update of the Logitech software.

·
Registered
343 Posts

Quote:

Does power on/off work?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm having trouble getting the directional buttons to work on my in the PS3 XMB. The other buttons are working. I have the 360 Harmony remote and I am using the nyko Blue Wave IR. I have it set up with the nyko as the device, and I've tried learning the commands directly and in raw mode. Any ideas?

·
Registered
435 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdmoney /forum/post/14895692

I'm having trouble getting the directional buttons to work on my in the PS3 XMB. The other buttons are working. I have the 360 Harmony remote and I am using the nyko Blue Wave IR. I have it set up with the nyko as the device, and I've tried learning the commands directly and in raw mode. Any ideas?

You might try deleting the Nyco device and install the Sony PS3 device from the Logitech database. I use that with the PS3IR IR receiver (similar to Nyco) and it works perfectly with my Harmony One.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's the solution I finally found. Completely seamless with many handy features:

www(dot)ps3toothfairy(dot)com

I took the chance and bought it from kind of a one-product company, but it works very well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've got a PS3IRX1 bought over a year ago. Now that the latest PS3 firmware allows power off via the XBR, how the heck do I access the XBR with my Harmony? As far as I know, there is no IR equivalent of the PS button, and isn't that the only way to get the XBR to come up anyway? Thanks for any/all responses!

·
Registered
9,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeONGeneSAr /forum/post/15204068

I've got a PS3IRX1 bought over a year ago. Now that the latest PS3 firmware allows power off via the XBR, how the heck do I access the XBR with my Harmony? As far as I know, there is no IR equivalent of the PS button, and isn't that the only way to get the XBR to come up anyway? Thanks for any/all responses!

You don't. You have to exit to the XBR with your PS3 controller before you can use the remote to power off. Another option is to set the PS3 to shut down after X hours (which is also a new firmware feature). That way you don't have to bother shutting it down with the remote or controller.

Of course the best option is to get an IR to BT device...

·
Registered
728 Posts
Can you tech junkies help me out. I just set up my psuedo-home theater. My wife is hacked off because there are 4 remotes now and she likes simplicity (girls!?!?). Can someone recommend a remote for me?

The remote MUST operate:

My Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver

My Tivo HD-DVR

My PS3 (for movie playback anyway)

additionally if it can operate:

My LG 52LG60 Television

Anyone? Bueller, Bueller?

1121 - 1140 of 1200 Posts