AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hearing so many dissapointments with the xbox360 lacking HDMI,no 1080p support, 2 versions of the system one with a harddrive and one without, no component cables out of the box, not that much of an appealing launch library,2 online services one free ones not.etc.

It seems sony's PS3 may just live up to it's hype!

A faster processor,1080p support for future game titles,a 10 year console life, HDMI support,Blu-Ray DVD ROM support for videogames and HD movie playabck, full compatibility with PS2 and PS1 games and can improve them too like the PS2 did with PS1 games.

Plus a supposed FREE online service to boot!

Not to mention sony will always get the killer library of games, even if the system is $500 i'd gladly get it because IMO it's worth it and future ready down the road.

Not to mention that son'ys games will be stored on Blu-Ray dvd roms so theres really no need for a hardrive, while xbox360 is sticking with current dvd media which can restrict developers potential for expansive levels and better graphics.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Where the F are the mods today? Cmon RMC, this stuff is starting to clutter.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not just because of the 100$, it's because none of their games impressed me at E3 for one thing, and they made a lot of promises that were broken now like harddrive included,and component cables.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I think the PS3 looks fantastic, I plan to sink money into one ASAP.

That said I do not think its going to make a 360 obsolete and I shudder at the thought of a 10 year life-cycle.

I think 5 is MAX. Technology is moving ahead quickly, I do not want my consoles for 10 years!

·
Registered
529 Posts
where art tho Girr?

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocHunter
It's not just because of the 100$, it's because none of their games impressed me at E3 for one thing, and they made a lot of promises that were broken now like harddrive included,and component cables.
You weren't complaining back when E3 was going on and those games were Beta, Cmon man.

What promises were broken? You can get the HD, you just have to pay. Not much different than a mem card. you are over reacting here and you haven't even seen the PS3. If the PS3 is a dissapointment you will look foolish.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Can't wait to see that first 1080p game. Call me if one ever comes out on PS3. I'd pass along my number, but you wont need it.

Yeah, Sony isn't known for overhyping. And, since we knew all the XBOX details no way people are incorrectly estimating Sonys approach, fine details, and final pricepoints.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Croc -

How can you bash one side without knowing what the PS3 will deliver???

I can understand how you're angry because MS didn't deliver what you wanted. But what if Sony does the same??? You don't even know what the PS3 will offer....so far it's all just Sony's vision.

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
What kind of flame bait is this crap???

X360 and PS3 are about equivalent in features. Now it'll come down to pricing (ugh) and games.

And 1080P support will be awful because the system won't be powerful enough for it to be fast.

And who actually believes that either console will last 10 years??? In 2 years, PCs will be kill these systems. And Microsoft and Sony are probably already planning for the next round (R&D takes years).

Quote:
After hearing so many dissapointments with the xbox360 lacking HDMI,no 1080p support, 2 versions of the system one with a harddrive and one without, no component cables out of the box, not that much of an appealing launch library,2 online services one free ones not.etc.

A faster processor,1080p support for future game titles,a 10 year console life, HDMI support,Blu-Ray DVD ROM support for videogames and HD movie playabck, full compatibility with PS2 and PS1 games and can improve them too like the PS2 did with PS1 games.

Plus a supposed FREE online service to boot!

Not to mention sony will always get the killer library of games, even if the system is $500 i'd gladly get it because IMO it's worth it and future ready down the road.

Not to mention that son'ys games will be stored on Blu-Ray dvd roms so theres really no need for a hardrive, while xbox360 is sticking with current dvd media which can restrict developers potential for expansive levels and better graphics.

·
Registered
544 Posts
This generation of consoles will not be able to render games at 1920x1080p @ 60fps. There might be a few select titles but this is the 720p generation of consoles. And with Xbox's 720p and 4x anti-aliasing minimum I am pretty excited. Games are going to look drop dead gorgeous on our HD gear.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hasn't Sony already started removing options from the PS3 that they said were standard at E3?

Hasn't some PS3 game developers said that the will offer 1080p as a resolution option. But that game play may suffer from this resolution and that they will optimize the software for 720p?

Is the 360 more than I expected, yes and no. I was expecting $299 with the harddrive, but I was also expecting to spend more on accessories as well. The $399 package covers me nicely.

I cannot wait until November and the 360. I also cannot wait until next year and the PS3!

Later

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerall
Croc -

How can you bash one side without knowing what the PS3 will deliver???

I can understand how you're angry because MS didn't deliver what you wanted. But what if Sony does the same??? You don't even know what the PS3 will offer....so far it's all just Sony's vision.
Sony has always had a solid library,it's the system with the best games period!

I expect the same to happen with the PS3!

Keep in mind sony has a head start on development, it could improve a lot of features after seeing microsofts system on the market.Also sony is thinking ahead with 1080p support and HDMI, microsoft is not having these now but latter on.

I'm expecting to hold on to my PS3 for a while, sony is thinking ahead being future ready for 1080p HDTV sets.

That's all i'm saying is PS3 will have a good console life, and will get better down the road when more 1080p stuff come available.

Prove me wrong!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Quote:

You're citing reasons that MS has failed you and are proclaiming that for these reasons Sony will not? I fail to see how the logic leads from A to B on this one.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Let me get this straight, disappointment in the 360 will mean that the PS3 will be everything as promised..

UH ok... by the way wasn't the PSP 2.0 update for North America supposed to be out on the 12th? :)

·
Registered
15,715 Posts
Widescreen Magazine's 100th issue did a nice breakdown on the next gen systems, and they reported that they expect the PS3 to hit "near $500 or so, and Sony expects to take about $100 or so loss per each system sold" even at that.

Interesting tidbit.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.