AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using PS3 Media Server to stream and I'm having a problem playing older quicktime (.mov) files. I can play better quality HD .mov files from my new camera but it pauses as soon as it starts with the old .mov files. Anybody have any clue why?

·
Registered
702 Posts
I don't believe the PS3 is actually capable of playing Quicktime MOVs. Although you are saving you can play HD MOVs are you sure they're not MP4 or MKV files? What type of camera do you have? Also double check the file extension of the videos.

I haven't tried in a while but before you could download HD trailers from the Apple site (which would be MOVs) and then convert them using Quicktime Pro using PassThrough to an MP4 that would play on the PS3.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipz /forum/post/16994442

I don't believe the PS3 is actually capable of playing Quicktime MOVs. Although you are saving you can play HD MOVs are you sure they're not MP4 or MKV files? What type of camera do you have? Also double check the file extension of the videos.

I haven't tried in a while but before you could download HD trailers from the Apple site (which would be MOVs) and then convert them using Quicktime Pro using PassThrough to an MP4 that would play on the PS3.

Thanks for the reply-I am using the the actual PS3 Media Server software much like TVersity. The new camera is Kodak V1073 and i believe it is a .mov but i will double check later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts