AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into recording TV shows from OTA, with a USB TV tuner. What I would like to know is will the PS3 Media Server be able to handle 1080i video files, and is there any limit to the bit rate as far as how these files might be encoded? Will i need to sacrifice some quality to get it to stream properly? Or should I just invest into a Tivo type service?

·
Registered
4,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlopres /forum/post/18143508

I'm looking into recording TV shows from OTA, with a USB TV tuner. What I would like to know is will the PS3 Media Server be able to handle 1080i video files, and is there any limit to the bit rate as far as how these files might be encoded? Will i need to sacrifice some quality to get it to stream properly? Or should I just invest into a Tivo type service?

I never have any issues with PS3 Media server and recorded 1080i files. I also use BeyondTV which creates its own special .TS files, but they play great. It also will compress them into lots of other formats to save space.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.