AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get the 1.80 update and hook it up to my PC which is running Windows Media Connect 2.0.

My MP3s show up fine in the list so I select one and play. Playback works fine but then the song ends and the PS3, instead of going onto the next song, replays the song, but only the first 5 seconds over and over again... as if it lost the connection and was stuck with the first few seconds of the buffer.

So I manually move down one track and play the next song. Which plays fine until it ends and, again, the PS3 begins replaying the song, but only the first 5 seconds over and over.

Anyone else seeing this? I have no problem with playback on my XBox360 using the same setup...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Figured this out...

It appears that the PS3 MP3 playback engine doesn't accurately detect MP3s ripped with the VBR setting turned on. If you turn on the display it'll show the current play time but NOT how long the song is or what the current position of the song is on the progress bad (even though it will show the track time in the first display when you play the song.)

(Can anyone else confirm this?)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I don't think that's totally correct. VBR files will show the full time here when played locally. Over the network, I can't remember. But there is likely something else going on.

There are a lot of upnp servers that perform better than WMP/WMC for PS3 playback.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Windows Media COnnect can't even get the correct song order correctly. As far as I'm concerned, it's junk (unless you like random songs all the time).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.