AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently noticed while using the new Netflix app, that I can watch an episode or movie and for no reason the stream seems to drop and I'm signed out of the PSN account. Then netflix attempts to rebuffer but ends up hanging the system for a minute or so. When I exit out of the app and return to the PS3 home screen I am signed out of PSN and not able to sign back in, if I let it sit for a few minutes I can sign back into the PSN and do whatever (Netflix) again. The only other way when it gets to this point is to reboot the PS3 and I can get online again.

I have a Gigabit wired/ethernet connection to the PS3 and I'm on a FiOS 50mbps internet connection. I am able to stream netflix perfectly on ANY other device (web browser, AppleTV, Wii...) but the PS3 gives me issues.

I'm not sure if it's the app or if it's the PS3 that is causing the network difficulties, I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue?

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
Dang, that 50mbps service is pricey!!! Lucky you! I'm still stuck on 25.

I can't remember if it's possible on the PS3, but I resolved an issue like this on my media server by hard setting the NIC to 1000/full. We fix issues like that here on our corporate network by doing the same. If it is possible to manually set the speed and duplex of the PS3 to 1000/full, I'd say give that a shot and see if it helps.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion, I have changed the cable and I have forced the NIC to 1000/full and it still gives me issues, only via Netflix, if I stream media from a local NAS or run a continuous ping, there are never any issues. I'm thinking it's something to do with the custom WebKit build they're using that is crashing the PS3's network subsystem. I've tried posting to the netflix tech blog but I've not heard anything, I wish they had some kind of bug reporting system. I doubt calling regular script reading tech support will achieve anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTJ /forum/post/19602127

Dang, that 50mbps service is pricey!!! Lucky you! I'm still stuck on 25.

I can't remember if it's possible on the PS3, but I resolved an issue like this on my media server by hard setting the NIC to 1000/full. We fix issues like that here on our corporate network by doing the same. If it is possible to manually set the speed and duplex of the PS3 to 1000/full, I'd say give that a shot and see if it helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.