AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue since 2.40/1. When I try to turn off the PS3 using the controller from the XMB, the screen goes to black like I'd expect, but the green light on the front, next to the blue light, starts flashing. Also, my TV is still showing that it is receiving a 1080P input. I've left it there for like 30 minutes, and nothing happens. Anyone know what could be keeping my PS3 from shutting down? Is it something new where they are running the fans to try to cool the PS3 off after a gaming session?

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
That's weird. I would try doing a hard reset - hold the button down for 5 seconds until you hear three beeps. Then you should be able to re-enter your display settings and see if that works.

Good luck.

D~

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, I'll have to try that out. It all started two nights ago, so I had just flipped the back switch off, then on, to shut it down. Then yesterday afternoon, I tried shutting it off with the controller immediately after it came on, and it worked. But, then last night, after it had been on for a while, and had exhibited the behavior of not shutting off. I'm going to try to see if it's from within in-game xmb, within a game, and standard xmb to see if I can pinpoint it.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
This happened to me once the day after I updated the firmware to 2.4. Hasn't happened since.

Can't tell you the problem, as all I did was shut off the PS3 via the switch on the back, waited about 30 seconds, and turned it back on.

Did you try turning on your controller? When I did that, my controllers continued to flash without resolving a controller assignment and powering on the PS3.

Also, when it happened, I left for a few hours before coming back home to realize it was still on.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppshooky /forum/post/14267219

This happened to me once the day after I updated the firmware to 2.4. Hasn't happened since.

Can't tell you the problem, as all I did was shut off the PS3 via the switch on the back, waited about 30 seconds, and turned it back on.

Did you try turning on your controller? When I did that, my controllers continued to flash without resolving a controller assignment and powering on the PS3.

Also, when it happened, I left for a few hours before coming back home to realize it was still on.

Yes, that's exactly what happened to mine. I couldn't even turn the system on with the controllers.

So you are saying switching the thing on and off via the switch in the back fixed it?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I had freezing issues immediately after the update but the hard reset fixed it for me. I was doubtful but it worked, so give it a shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts