AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with the 1.8 update if you look under BD/dvd settigns there is an option to have it output 24hz ( i gues they mean 24p) for compatable blu ray disks, this rocks what a great update.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Well, most people are probably in bed.

Even though I was pretty sure my projector doesn't support 24hz, I tried it (you set it to automatic) and sure enough it didn't change anything, so it must communicate with your display first to find out whether it supports it. There's no prompt or anything that tells you your display won't work with it, so I could see some people complaining that they "can't get it to work" when the reality is that their display just doesn't accept it.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by UxiSXRD /forum/post/0

This thread clearly points it out though, when the next most obvious thread still has it as a question. Now I just need to get a Pearl or something...

exactly i just saw everyoen answering that thread with " i dont knows" and " nevers" when im sittign here stareing at the option on my PS3 haha. I so cant wait till the new XBRs come out in october to put this feature to work.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
will anyone even be able to see a difference?

Even if your display supports it, it doesnt tell you if it's enabled or not

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_six_pack /forum/post/0

will anyone even be able to see a difference?

Even if your display supports it, it doesnt tell you if it's enabled or not

well does anyone have a display yet that supports it? cause maybe its not saying anythign casue the display doesnt support it yet. if the display does maybe it says its playign back at 1080/24.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joevfx /forum/post/0

well does anyone have a display yet that supports it? cause maybe its not saying anythign casue the display doesnt support it yet. if the display does maybe it says its playign back at 1080/24.

If your display supports it, isn't it usually badass enough to not even need it?

How much can your eye really see?

And if this feature was turned on from launch, without anyone knowing about it, would people have even benefited?

Still I am super excited about the 1080/24p?hz,

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I tried 1080p24 output but seems like my VP50 doesn't like it & I am not getting any picture therefore had to switch back to 1080p60. Don't know if VP50 can accept 1080p24.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodk /forum/post/0

I tried 1080p24 output but seems like my VP50 doesn't like it & I am not getting any picture therefore had to switch back to 1080p60. Don't know if VP50 can accept 1080p24.

i dot think there is anythign out right now that can accept it excpet for the new LED samsung DLPS the 89s series with hdmi 1.3

the new sony SXRDs being released at the end of the year will also accept it.

·
Registered
424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joevfx /forum/post/0

i dot think there is anythign out right now that can accept it excpet for the new LED samsung DLPS the 89s series with hdmi 1.3

the new sony SXRDs being released at the end of the year will also accept it.

Where did you hear a confirmation on the LED Sammys accepting 1080p 24hz? I know the marketing materials stated a refresh rate of 120hz (i.e. 5 x 24hz), but I thought this was generally accepted as merely the wobulated rate of a 60hz feed? This is one of the main reasons I have been holding back on getting a HLT6189S and such a link would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

Quote:

How do you even know it was on?

The only settings are automatic and off.

I think it defaults to automatic

·
Registered
107 Posts

Quote:

The Pearl is 1080/24p capable. It should work if the PS3 produces a proper signal.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
If you have verified that you are getting 24p from your PS3, please let us know what screen you have.

I have one of Samsungs latest 1080p HDMI 1.3 compliant LCD screens and I don't appear to be getting it.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.