AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my PS3 Slim for a little under a year and ever since I unboxed it, after it has been on for at least an hour and half it will start to make popping noises that will continue after it has been shut down. Any information on what is causing this and should I get it fixed would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifestyle /forum/post/19632692

That is normal for the PS3 and other electronics. It should just be the plastic epxanding due to the heat unless it is really loud.

It isn't loud i just notice it because I haven't really heard it before I got my PS3. And thank the lord that is everything it seems to be

·
Registered
433 Posts
There have been a few posts talking about loosening the screws just a bit on the bottom of the case. This let's the plastic expand more freely. I have been thinking about trying it with mine but it hasn't really bugged me enough.

·
Banned
7,766 Posts
Yes, the popping is simply expanding and contracting plastic.

Pick up the PS3, grip the two sides, and give it a little twist back and forth. Flexing the plastic a little bit may make the popping go away, or it may make it louder. In that case, give it another little twist and try again.

In my case, my PS3 popped until I moved. The move jostled the thing around enough that it doesn't pop anymore in it's new home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.