AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was downloading something from the PS Store this morning, and it stuck at 87%. I verified my internet connection was fine via my laptop, so I decided to power cycle the PS3. Once it came back, it wouldn't resume the download, PLUS moving the around XMB would sometimes get stuck for about a second or two.

For the heck of it, I did a network test, and the internet came up fine, but it failed at Playstation Network.

I turned the PS3 off and unplugged it for about five minutes. Coming back up... no difference. Still slow and no resumed downloading.

I turned it off again and pulled the plug, and am now at work. I'll try again in a few hours.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? Is my two month of PS3 in its premature death throes?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Stop everything you are doing and get home. Your PS3 skinny has begun its self-destruct countdown. Within the next few minutes it will explode and destroy everything within a 3 mile radius of your home.

·
Registered
282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobgre /forum/post/18236077

Stop everything you are doing and get home. Your PS3 skinny has begun its self-destruct countdown. Within the next few minutes it will explode and destroy everything within a 3 mile radius of your home.

Don't listen to that overdramatic crap, it's only a 2 mile radius.

On a serious note though, i haven't a clue about your issue. Maybe try clearing your network settings and redoing them?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've had issue where I couldn't connect to the PSN but the internet connection worked fine. It was frustrating for sure but seemed to pass. I chalked it up to PSN problem or my ISP. I wouldn't worry about your place expoding either. Thats an unfounded internet rumor kinda like the Pope wearing a funny hat.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrinck /forum/post/18235818

I was downloading something from the PS Store this morning, and it stuck at 87%. I verified my internet connection was fine via my laptop, so I decided to power cycle the PS3. Once it came back, it wouldn't resume the download, PLUS moving the around XMB would sometimes get stuck for about a second or two.

For the heck of it, I did a network test, and the internet came up fine, but it failed at Playstation Network.

I turned the PS3 off and unplugged it for about five minutes. Coming back up... no difference. Still slow and no resumed downloading.

I turned it off again and pulled the plug, and am now at work. I'll try again in a few hours.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? Is my two month of PS3 in its premature death throes?

The "fat" PS3 had the problem of not connecting to PSN yesterday, due to the time clock--thought February had 29 days(leap year). It was Y2K all over again. But the PS3 slim was supposedly not affected.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Did you change anything about the network, e.g. switched to cable vs wireless, bought a different router?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was able to thwart the self-destruction by canceling the download that was stuck at 87%. For some reason, that stuck download was slowing down the entire system. I canceled it and redownloaded with no issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts