1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
hmmm i don't know something seems suspect, could just be someone's shenanigans

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
OMG K-MART STILL EXISTS! AND THEY TAKE PRE-ORDERS????

"Blu-Ray Special.. aisle 4.."

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i first comment was "holly crap kmart.com" I had no idea they were alive still lol. Man what a prank/hack or whatever if it is shenanigans. I mean I'm all for some shenanignas but I want it to be true.. The 8/24/09 is a little to soon for a release though.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDam77 /forum/post/17018676

Yeah, specially since the conference is in few hours and everything will be revealed.

well hopefully not everything, kids might be watching

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
thats a pretty impressive hoax.. building an entire website...populating it with tons of items not associated with Sony.

if you just go to www.kmart.com the splash page actually says "the rumors become reality -- an exciting new PS3!"

·
Registered
62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoyledimou /forum/post/17018759

thats a pretty impressive hoax.. building an entire website...populating it with tons of items not associated with Sony.

if you just go to www.kmart.com the splash page actually says "the rumors become reality -- an exciting new PS3!"

it goes deeper than that.

The entire history of Kmart, as we know it, has been an elaborate ruse just to propogate the fake PS3 SLim rumors...

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Sony PlayStation 3 Slim Unveiled and Price Slashed to $299

On Sale 08/24/09

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Don't forget about Sears.com http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...000P?adCell=W2

"PS3, SLIM High-Definition Blu-ray player for the best movie experience. Free PLAYSTATION Network membership. 120GB HDD for downloading games, music, videos, and photos. Includes DUAL SHOCK 3 controller. HDMI output for 1080p resolution."

·
Banned
2,969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj /forum/post/17018873

Don't forget about Sears.com
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05896012000P?adCell=W2

"PS3, SLIM High-Definition Blu-ray player for the best movie experience. Free PLAYSTATION Network membership. 120GB HDD for downloading games, music, videos, and photos. Includes DUAL SHOCK 3 controller. HDMI output for 1080p resolution."

Sears owns Kmart so their going out of business too and its still just a hoax

·
Registered
811 Posts
Assuming the K-mart pre-order is real, what does everyone think of the price $299.00? My gut (and most logical posters) was telling me that the slim would sell at a higher price point until the older sku's cleared the pipeline then it would drop in price in time for the peak holiday season. I am thinking it is possible that K-mart has mistakenly combined the two issues, the price cut being on the existing sku's and the new slim being released. The K-mart preorder could become a hot commodity if the slim is announced today at a price point of $399.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDam77 /forum/post/17018676

Yeah, specially since the conference is in few hours and everything will be revealed.

10am PST

1pm EST

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshenaniganz /forum/post/17018583

i first comment was "holly crap kmart.com" I had no idea they were alive still lol. Man what a prank/hack or whatever if it is shenanigans. I mean I'm all for some shenanignas but I want it to be true.. The 8/24/09 is a little to soon for a release though.

There's still quite a few K-Marts/Big K's around the country...It could be a hack but I wouldn't bet my life on it...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
My name is Gaf. Neo Gaf. I have taken over the internet. Everything you read is fake. I made it all up.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_P /forum/post/17019017

It seems like the Slim would HAVE to go for $299 for Sony to rebuild some momentum.

No kidding. You don't build a new model with smaller & less expensive components (assuming a 45nm Cell), and sell it for the same, or more, and expect to gain market share. All they could hope for by doing that is to make a slightly larger profit on the few, likely very few, who havent bought a PS3 yet. A price drop is a MUST for more market share after being in the game for 3 years with the PS3.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts