AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone recommend a back up hard drive for a PS3 slim? Are there certain models to avoid? Thanks.

·
Registered
901 Posts
External hard drives and pretty much commodities at this point. If you're just using it to back up your PS3 it's not going to see enough use to break because of wear. Just get whatever's on sale and is big enough to hold two full back-ups.

·
Registered
529 Posts
After spending a great amount of time looking over all the external drives on Amazon I couldn't find one didn't have some negative comments. Of course, you can't find anything that doesn't have a few negatives. Anyhow, I decided to buy a separate enclosure and separate drive. I bought a Thermaltake enclosure that will accomodate either an IDE or ATA drive, and threw in a 150 GB Seagate. The nice thing about putting it together yourself is you can get whatever size drive you want, and, if the enclosure should have an issue (power supply problem), you just swap the drive to another enclosure or replace the power supply.

·
Registered
529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D /forum/post/18285460

The external USB hard drive must be formatted in FAT32 for PS3 to be able to use it.

And you can't use Windows XP format if the drive is too large (not sure about win 7). There's a fat32 format exe availaible that you need to use (Google for it). Create the partition with windows, then use the exe to format it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts