AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a PS3 slim from Amazon the day they were announced, and I just got an e-mail from Amazon telling me it will be delivered on August 27.

The Amazon page for PS3 slim now shows they will be in stock on August 24.

Looks like Sony got them into the hands of retailers before the September 1 date originally announced.

·
Registered
216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy /forum/post/17041702

I ordered a PS3 slim from Amazon the day they were announced, and I just got an e-mail from Amazon telling me it will be delivered on August 27.

Looks like Sony got them into the hands of retailers before the September 1 date originally announced.

DAM, they sent me an email telling me mine should arrive Sept 7th..

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
gamestops computer says Aug 25th, but the sales guy admitted that he thought it was sept 1st...

·
Registered
250 Posts
 http://kotaku.com/5342450/sony-games...fore-september

Should I buy it online or from Brick and Mortar? It always takes over a week on super saver shipping when I order from Amazon, and faster shipping would be expensive, negating the savings in sales tax. If I were to buy it locally, I would think Gamestop would be the first to have it. However, I don't really like my local Gamestop. Are there any advantages to buying it from Gamestop, like a better return policy, compared to just getting it from Walmart or Target, which are the only other two stores near me that would also sell it?

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
I think most online retailers are backlogged. And just about every B&M store has a better return/exchange policy than Gamestop. There's absolutely no reason to buy a console there unless that's the only place that has it in stock.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy /forum/post/17041702

Same here, delivered on 27th!

I pre ordered it on the 18th when it was still called playstation 3 slim in their website at the time, the pics weren't uplaoded either.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDam77 /forum/post/17043712

Same here, delivered on 27th!

I pre ordered it on the 18th when it was still called playstation 3 slim in their website at the time, the pics weren't uplaoded either.

That's cool..

1st on the Block

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

Quote:
Are there any advantages to buying it from Gamestop, like a better return policy, compared to just getting it from Walmart or Target, which are the only other two stores near me that would also sell it?

"So a buddy of mine purchase a brand new PS3 four days before the price drop. Game Stop refuses to adjust the price. He has talked to the store manager, and a rep from the corporate office. The answer is NO! We will not refund you the $100 difference. My buddy even said just give me store credit. I will spend the $100 in your store. Game Stop said NO!

Now on the other hand... My brother purchase a new PS3 on 07/30/09 at Best Buy. He called up Best Buy and asked about the recent price drop and if he was able to get the difference back. Best Buy said, "No problem as long as you have the receipt, we will gladly refund you the money.

I know I wont be shopping at Game Stop anytime soon. What a crock of BS!!!"

http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...ead.id=4010201

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yeah death to gamestop.

Is there no way to confirm that your local B&M will be guaranteed to have it at so and so early date? Do I have to call every store every morning like I did when I tried getting the Wii, starting monday the 24th? I'm just asking because I'll be leaving sometime on the 27th for a week and want to secure one before that, and there's a high chance an online order will end up at my doorstep without anyone to receive it.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
fyi...if you buy even a little bit of stuff from Amazon, consider becoming a Prime member. Free two-day shipping, and $4 next day. I ordered a TV stand that would've cost $200+ IN SHIPPING to overnight. $4 to my door in less than 24 hours.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDam77 /forum/post/17059763

,..today.

Comes with Firmware 2.76 came loaded.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.