AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced their system slowing down during gameplay? It's been happening to me recently. While playing a game, the system slows and the game appears to be playing in slow motion for several moments. It seems as if the system is "chugging along" and can't get up to speed. This is really annoying and almost unplayable.

I talked to Sony and they told me to reformat the hard drive. Did that and still having same issues.

Has anyone experienced this and what is causing these problems? What should I do?

·
Registered
572 Posts
my Fight night 3 has this issue from time to time in the options screen. sems like its laggy in the changes, but once the fight begins, its normal...

·
Registered
810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goceltics34 /forum/post/0

I am playing it at I assume 1080 p but I think it's 720 p because the games aren't made yet in 1080p. Tiger Woods 07 and GTA III are the games I have been playing.

well what game did you play with issues? I didnt have any issues with Tiger Woods myself, and GTA III is an PS2 game...

·
Registered
4,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by goceltics34

I am playing it at I assume 1080 p but I think it's 720 p because the games aren't made yet in 1080p.

There are 1080P games, MUA, RR7, Full Auto 2, are all 1080P (plus others). They are rendered in 1080P and sent to your display in 1080i or 1080P depending on if your display can input 1080P or not. If its not a game specific frame rate issue, I don't know what it would be. Wish I could be of some help.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know GTA SA is a PS2 game but I still play it. The slowdown is happening during both GTA and Tiger Woods (a PS3 game).

I have tried reformating the hard drive and restoring the system defaults and no luck. I will be sending it back to sony and they will swap out with a new machine. The thing that sucks is that I will be without a PS3 for about a week and a half.

DAMN!

Oh well, can't wait to get this issue resolved. Thanks for all your info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.