AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Thanks for the great tutorials and advice in my home theater. Now I am trying to take my backup .vob files and play them on my home theater as well.

For 5 months now I have been using the PS3 and tversity (tried playon and PS3 media server as well) to stream my 480P vob use wired through a powerline adapter.

Things were going pretty well as far as stuttering until about 3 months ago. Now, I can't watch anything without stuttering happening every 20-40 min. The stuttering eventually goes away but makes the movie viewing pretty iritating.

I tried a WDTV Live with a network hookup and tversity with the same stuttering effect. I hooked up a USB harddrive to the WDTV and it plays the files just fine, except for the fast forward or rewind features which give me no control and send me to parts of the movie that are not close to where I assumed I would be.

Is there (for roughly $100-$125 online) something that would give me a stable movie experience? I would like to stream movies, but I'm concerned that my network is presenting problems, so I am flexible as far as hooking hard drives up.

Thanks,

Troy

·
Registered
34 Posts
just as you yourself stated it sounds like a network issue. that being said it wont matter what device you're using until that gets fixed. i would recommend replacing your lines with cat5e or cat6 and if you are still having issues then they will probably be the fault of the router.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts