AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if its wrong section an all but just had a question for anyone that has mazda rx8

if anyone does what would you say about that car?

i curently own a 01 lincoln ls nice looking car but its american so = crap quality

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's a ford, that's your quality issue. So is the Mazda.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourgrandma /forum/post/12947855

It's a ford, that's your quality issue. So is the Mazda.

mazda is ford? i would doubt that, i had an mx6 for about 3 4 years an i kicked the living hell out of that car an i couldnt break it

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Yes, Mazda is owned by Ford.

I'm not impressed by the renesis rotary engine. It isn't very fuel efficient, doesn't make much horsepower, and doesn't make much torque. So where does the fuel go?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by makija /forum/post/12947834

sorry if its wrong section an all but just had a question for anyone that has mazda rx8

if anyone does what would you say about that car?

i curently own a 01 lincoln ls nice looking car but its american so = crap quality

Both garbage, pony up and buy a Koenigsegg.....

·
Registered
895 Posts
And, they still haven't solved the oil consumption issues after 30 years.

To keep this PS3 related - I used to use the RX7 for the original GT PS1 game

·
Registered
3,525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape /forum/post/12947948

Yes, Mazda is owned by Ford.

I'm not impressed by the renesis rotary engine. It isn't very fuel efficient, doesn't make much horsepower, and doesn't make much torque. So where does the fuel go?

I agree. The issue is the very low compression ratio in the rotary. Plus, the power and torque are grossly overstated. The RX8 makes MAYBE 205HP at the crank, not 238! The Honda S2000, with similar RATED HP, torque, and weight, is easily a full second faster in the quarter mile. That's got 11.1:1 compression. I don't know what the effective compression in a renesis is but I'd say 9:1 if it were lucky.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
guys i am not a racer or anything lol i need a reliable car that looks decent

i have an v8 lincoln ls right now that has balls in back tires an i dont kick it maybe sometime when i drink haha

but thats all reliable small car

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ford has controlling shares in mazda, but mazda operates independently of ford and most cars are still built in hiroshima. The 1st year rx8 had some minor issues that were fixed via chip update. Now reliability is as good as any other similar car. Also, there is no oil consumption issue. Rotery engines USE oil by design to lubricate the seals. Just like any other car, if you change the oil at regular intravals, you'll never have to worry about it. This is all so far off topic though, that's all I'll say. If you wanna learn more, there are rx-8 forums. The best forum though, is miata.net. Tons of knowledgable people there.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thx bradt i know it is off topic i just wanted to ask for peoples opinion an experiences with it

i had an old mx6 an i beat the living hell out of it an couldnt get it to break down so thats why i am kinda leaning towards mazda again so will see but thx for the site

1 - 15 of 15 Posts