AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted in above PS3 thread too. Have yet to download, but my system is telling me it is available. The website has not listed it yet. Can't wait to see what is ahead in this one.

AJG

UPDATE: Ok, so I stayed up. I don't notice anything different at first glance. I did check to see if it scales anything to 720p by telling it that my set only accepts it and 480p. No luck on DVDs or BR: they will still play at 480p with those settings. I don't have HDMI audio capabilities, so I can't check if Master Audio is now decoded.

·
Registered
873 Posts

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
According to one report I read they improved the graphics for some of the older games.

"Word from Kotaku is the latest PS3 firmware update has finally fixed the the graphical problems present when playing backwards-compatible PS1 and PS2 games. They've noted that Okami and MGS3 are working perfectly, and with the appropriate pretty pictures too, so we're hoping the their graphically intensive games will finally get the respect they deserve."

However the above is not referenced in the change log...

1.32 > 1.50

- User can now set an image/photo (off a mem stick etc) for their user id

- Edy support added (for payment via card reader)

- 'operation sound' added to sound settings

- 'delete backup data' added to backup utilities subsetting

- WEP128, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK(AES) can now utilize AOSS

- Can now remember your login password without using automatic login

- Korean keyboard setting can be used

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg131 /forum/post/0

Yawn...

Actually, that's a pretty big problem they fixed. Remember, the PS3 is first and foremost a gaming machine. It helps that it can now play PS2 games without any distorted graphics.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Backwards compatibility is absolutely huge. Like the above poster said, this is a gaming machine first and foremost, at this forum though you'd never think that heh.

As somoene who has his PS2 hooked still hooked up alongside his PS3, this is a very pleasant surprise. Only bad thing is i just redid the wiring behind my setup just last night lol....

·
Registered
873 Posts
Final Fantasy VII looks horrible on the PS3. I am not home until late tonight so can someone check this title with the update to see if it looks better?

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Tried for the update. Got the following statement:

Error occurred during communications with the server. This is a DNS error. DNS error 80710102.

Does anyone know what this means?

·
Registered
580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSfan99 /forum/post/0

Just upgraded and the PS2 games look like they should have from day 1! Good thing. FF12 looks awesome as do both guitar heroes (make sure to update the in-game display settings).

Are you playing Guitar Hero with the standard PS3 controller?

·
Registered
772 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb /forum/post/0

Tried for the update. Got the following statement:

Error occurred during communications with the server. This is a DNS error. DNS error 80710102.

Does anyone know what this means?

You may want to check out this thread on the official PS3 forum. It looks like you are not alone:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...hread.id=15559

·
Registered
873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbdestroya /forum/post/0

I got that error this morning as well, but then shortly afterwards was able to download.

PS2 games are much much improved; selling my PS2 this weekend.

Funny but I am actually going to pick up a slim unit with the PS3 not being very portable friendly. I have a psone screen which works great with all of my systems however I am looking at picking up the Joytech 8" LCD screen for my slim unit.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.