AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not found any kind of thread related to my issue, so any help is appreciated. I just got a ps3 slim and I did the initial wifi setup and it worked fine. Next time I turned it on it and used the the browser it would not load up the default sony website. So I did the setup again and still did not work. Then I restored default setting and did the setup again and that worked, but again the next time I used it it did not load up the web page. I am using a linksys 54g with dd-wrt on it and it's getting a 60% signal. Also when I do the easy setup, it connects to the router and passes all the test. It just wont load up any of the pages. Any more info needed please let me know and thanks for any help advance.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well, do you have any devices using Wifi at home besides the ps3?

Did you enter the right encryption? (WEP or WPA?)

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
honestly a 60% signal strength isnt that good. with that, you are getting a lot of lost packets. this probably isnt enough to be causing a total dropout like you say, but just an FYI online gaming will be very laggy with that kind of strength.

·
Registered
282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggy182 /forum/post/18180112

I have not found any kind of thread related to my issue, so any help is appreciated. I just got a ps3 slim and I did the initial wifi setup and it worked fine. Next time I turned it on it and used the the browser it would not load up the default sony website. So I did the setup again and still did not work. Then I restored default setting and did the setup again and that worked, but again the next time I used it it did not load up the web page. I am using a linksys 54g with dd-wrt on it and it's getting a 60% signal. Also when I do the easy setup, it connects to the router and passes all the test. It just wont load up any of the pages. Any more info needed please let me know and thanks for any help advance.

I used to have this exact setup, only I had a dsl router/modem, and used my 54g with dd-wrt to pick up the wireless and ran short cable from it to ps3. Never had issues with it till i hit the reset button on the 54g... now i just use ps3 wireless.

I'm sure that there is a setting off, probably in the dd-wrt stuff. I've seen it suggested all over to possibly DMZ your ps3 in the router? Worth a shot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I do have multiple machines connecting to it and they all work fine. I was originally using wpa but dropped to wep thinking maybe the less secure one might help it work better. I have a computer using a wifi adaptor which is about the same distance as the ps3 to the router, its on the other side of the wall and that one works fine. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
282 Posts
possibly use mac address filtering? Not sure if you can get the mac for a ps3, someone else might have more info on that

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
probably a suggestion you don't want to hear, but is wired a possibility? I had all sorts of issues with the ps3 wireless on my network. Probably 7-8 other wireless devices in the house that never had issues, just the ps3. magically cured when I went wired.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I change the channels same thing it passes all the test and pulls up a page but the next time I go and turn the thing on it won't bring up the web page. A wired connection from the router is way to far it from the front all the way to the back of the house. Is there a way to have another router at the end of the house working off the signal of the one I have now?

·
Registered
282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggy182 /forum/post/18197681

Yes I change the channels same thing it passes all the test and pulls up a page but the next time I go and turn the thing on it won't bring up the web page. A wired connection from the router is way to far it from the front all the way to the back of the house. Is there a way to have another router at the end of the house working off the signal of the one I have now?

You can get an access point or something like that and it will work. Or get another linksys 54g, put dd-wrt on it, and you can turn it into an access point. That's what I did when my ps3 signal wasn't strong enough in the basement. Worked great.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Check the IP addresses of your devices and make sure the PS3 isnt conflicting with one of the other machines by using the same address. You can try setting up static IP addresses for each machine.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I had lots of issues until I set my ps3 up as static ip address.

·
Registered
282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro /forum/post/18228759

there might be a new sku with wireless N?

Source?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts