AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I am suprised, considering the bad publicity the PS3 has recieved, and the hype that the wii has gotten. Not to mention the wii is out selling the PS3 by a large margin. I guess IGN does not like last generation graphics, and the innovative controller didn't make up for it.

·
Registered
810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Mapstone /forum/post/0

I am suprised, considering the bad publicity the PS3 has recieved, and the hype that the wii has gotten. Not to mention the wii is out selling the PS3 by a large margin. I guess IGN does not like last generation graphics, and the innovative controller didn't make up for it.

not really that suprising at all, PS3 is pushing the envolope with everything, including the price.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I agree DLove23

But try telling a Wii owner that and you will get the textbook "There's more to games than just graphics, man." (Which is true, but I wouldn't mind playing a sports game where the players don't look like bobble heads!)

·
Registered
222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Ruhl /forum/post/0

I agree DLove23

But try telling a Wii owner that and you will get the textbook "There's more to games than just graphics, man." (Which is true, but I wouldn't mind playing a sports game where the players don't look like bobble heads!)

Oh true. I mean, as much as I love great visuals it doesn't mean jack if the game isn't good. But man, the Wii isn't just a notch down from the PS3 or 360 - it harkens me back to the the original Playstation and N64 days! LOL

If thats all its capable of doing then in the long run it will be little more than a game console for the kids IMO. I do think Zelda is a neat game and applaud Nintendo for the innovation. Combine that with true next-gen hardware and you really got something special in the future.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If it wasn't for Wii sports the Wii would be sliding downhill fast. My son played with his like crazy the first 2 days and now it sits collecting dust. People will find out soon enough when they get bored of playing Wii sports and looking at 5 year old graphics technology. You would have to scald your eyes with battery acid to make a PS3 or 360 game look that bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.