AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel really stupid asking this as I have a Sammy 52A750 coming next week and I am setting up my PS3 through HDMI, but I am having a problem hooking up the PS3 to my old CRT TV. First off, the TV has no AV inputs. I am using Time Warner Cable and the Scientific Atlanta 8300 DVR/Digital Cable Box. Since I have no AV inputs on the TV, I have no place to connect the PS3 other than the front of the cable box which has the standard red/white/yellow AV input from component. However, after connecting the cables and setting everything up, the PS3 won't play. All I get is the black screen you get when nothing is on a TV. I've tried channel 3, digital cable on/off, etc. I just don't get it.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The front inputs may not be active on your Cable box (I know the inputs on mine arn't active).

try with a different source (dvd player, camcorder etc) and see if that works.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoyledimou /forum/post/15445198

The front inputs may not be active on your Cable box (I know the inputs on mine arn't active).

try with a different source (dvd player, camcorder etc) and see if that works.

Thanks. I don't have anything else to use at the moment. I think the inputs COULD BE active, but Time Warner has no way of switching the system over to the auxillary input that the AV inputs are a part of. I guess I will just have to wait for the A750 to arrive and try it out then through HDMI. Thanks a bunch anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.