AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everywhere i go i see PS3s. Why do you guys think this is? Not enough games? Price? What could it be? In my opinion, its the games. PS3s launch lineup is lackluster to say the least. Resistance and the motorstorm demo is all that comes to mind?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Be careful with what you post, the mods are locking threads with PS3 sales content.

Although the games is a huge factor, I think another big thing is that the 20GB model seems to be sold out everywhere. Every store I've been to has the 60GB in stock but the 20GB is sold out. Is 100 dollars really worth an extra 40GB, wireless, and a card reader? I don't think it is.

That is actually the main thing keeping me from buying a PS3, I can't find the 20GB model.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonstiller /forum/post/0

Everywhere i go i see PS3s. Why do you guys think this is? Not enough games? Price? What could it be? In my opinion, its the games. PS3s launch lineup is lackluster to say the least. Resistance and the motorstorm demo is all that comes to mind?

You need to stop the drugs.

·
Registered
139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetrii /forum/post/0

Is 100 dollars really worth an extra 40GB, wireless, and a card reader? I don't think it is.

Don't forget the silver band in the front.

Now how much would you pay!?

·
Registered
949 Posts

Quote:

Most definitely the lack of games. Our store manager insisted on us having someone there to assist customers with PS3's whenever we had them in. After sticking someone in that aisle from open to close for 3 days straight, the manager has since revised the plan to "someone needs to check on customers whenever they enter the aisle" otherwise known as "back to normal".

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
This same exact thread with the same title was closed because of flame wars. This one will be too, because it has no point or place in this forum. This forum is for PS3 talk, what it is and what it does. It is not for whether it sells or not.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Wireless is worth $100 if you need it, and then you get some other stuff for free.

I bought the 60g for wireless, but now that I am using the ethernet cable, I would of saved the $100 and upgraded to a 120g HDD.

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
this thread is like DejaVu all over again! Sure, I see PS3's everywhere too... When I go downstairs to get a snack, I see one making dinner, when I go to the bathroom I see one shaving, when I go to the den, I see 4 playing poker...

sheesh.....

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well im sorry fellas as i dont remember seeing a thread like this. It was just baffling to me. I thought the PS3 would be gone everywhere for a while. Please close this then Mods. Thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts

Quote:

Everywhere i go i see PS3s. Why do you guys think this is?

Maybe Sony's just doing a good job at producing enough to create some inventory. It's no big deal if you see half a dozen Blu-Ray players stacked up at Best Buy

·
Registered
33 Posts
I see 360's everywhere, and CC, BB, Target, and everyother store has a 360 in there ad each and every week. The 360's are not selling out. When was the last time besides launch week and the week before Christmas that you saw any retailer advertise for a PS3? Free game or rebate with PS3 I think not but you can find one just about every week for a 360.

·
Registered
861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiero4life /forum/post/0

I see 360's everywhere, and CC, BB, Target, and everyother store has a 360 in there ad each and every week. The 360's are not selling out. When was the last time besides launch week and the week before Christmas that you saw any retailer advertise for a PS3? Free game or rebate with PS3 I think not but you can find one just about every week for a 360.

What does this have to do with the Xbox 360? It has been out for over a year, why would it sell out? There is more than enough supply.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooknn /forum/post/0

Maybe Sony's just doing a good job at producing enough to create some inventory. It's no big deal if you see half a dozen Blu-Ray players stacked up at Best Buy

I think that's exactly it. The PS3 is certainly not common everywhere (I have yet to see one it Pittsburgh) but they have ramped production far beyond where the 360 was last year at this time.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The PS3 is available everywhere that sells it where I live. According to a lot of articles coming to light there are over 300,000 PS3s sitting on shelves across the USA. Thats a lot for a newly released console. You can argue that its Sony meeting demand due to their ability to produce the system, but then you have to ask how good is it for a console, newly released and hyped beyond belief, to have 300,000 units sitting on shelves. The systems aren't moving nearly as well as Sony hoped and they are worried.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Only idiots bought 60 GB P$3. Plus PS3 is doomed. The same is happening to $ony which is also going on with Microsoft.

People buy 20 GB P$3, forget 60 GB P$3.

People buy Premium 360, forget about the Core 360.

But MS is at a better advantage because of the consoles being 200 dollars less than each other. That is my reason why PS3 does not sell well and will not sell well throughout it entire life cycle.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack /forum/post/0

but seriously folks...

I have the 20gb version and it's fine for me now. If you want to say, download a game demo ethernet is the way to go. With wireless it will take ages...

I have downloaded game demo's-almost everyone of them-wirelessly- and it has only taken me 20 to 25 minutes max for the largest of them. I wanted the wireless because of the ps3 location in my home. I would not run a 100 ft e-cable unless it was absolutely necessary. Sure it is faster wired but wired would not work in my setup with the components so far apart. Also I like the memory card readers built in. I have sony digital cameras and it is great to just put the memory stick in the ps3 and not worry about a adapter-sure they are only ten bucks but all this stuff adds up!! I am not an Idiot!!

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I would have thought the 60G version was a waste of money if not for my 360 experience. Running wires through the house is a nightmare, so I ended up getting the wireless add on and was $100 right there. In addition, it took me about 2 days to run out of space on the meager hard drive. I also love to take my consoles with me to other peoples homes and wireless comes in very handy.

·
Registered
810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFB /forum/post/0

I think that's exactly it. The PS3 is certainly not common everywhere (I have yet to see one it Pittsburgh) but they have ramped production far beyond where the 360 was last year at this time.

another thing is that shows how well production of PS3 is doing, is that they produced more PS3's than PS2's when introduced, over the same introduction period.

Considering how March and rest-of-the-world introduction is coming out, together with some 30+ new games, they better ramp up production because there will be shortages again.

People that complain about games forget that there will be 30+ new titles less than 2 months from now...

·
Registered
3,248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiero4life /forum/post/0

Yeah, good point, I see 360s stacked all the way to the moon everywhere.

Fry's built a pyramid with them.

I guess the retail channel must have been stuffed pretty hard to reach the 10M target.

Amazon had PS3s for a few days. Now they are out of stock again.

It comes and goes...people don't camp for them anymore because they know they don't need to.

A lot of them get sold as Blu-ray players.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.