AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends back in Virginia decided to get a PS3 today, and one of his friends decided to as well. First Best Buy they went didn't have any but they looked it up and found a bunch of stores that did. One had 15-20 that just came in. So they head over there, both pick up a PS3 60gig and head to the register.

My friend has a Best Buy credit card with no interest for the next 6 months so agreed to buy both. A manager ran up to him and said that he couldn't purchase 2 PS3's. They are only allowing 1 per customer. He explained that his friend, who was standing right next to him, was taking the second one but they wanted to put both on the credit card. The manager still insisted that they could only get one on that card. So he paid for his, then went over to a different register and the teller started to ring up the second one. The manager came running over again and actually kicked them out of the store!

Now I understand that at launch time when supplies are limited that most retailers have a 1 per customer rule. However, supply is out there and they still won't sell it to you? What kind of BS is that?

·
Registered
924 Posts
They should've pulled a Van Damme on the manager:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Krypton /forum/post/0

15 is a pretty limited supply for them and they have a 1 per customer rule. They probably gave him some guff too. I doubt he would just kick them out for no reason.

Doesn't sound like limited supply if you go by all the news reports and gloating from either 360 or HD DVD fanbois. They all make it sound like retailers can't give them away, yet selling 2 at one time is out of the question. I'm sure he got pissed off and probably said something, but I've never heard of a store refusing to take money, especially on something that is 'supposedly' collecting dust.

They did go to another store and pick one up though.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think it's simply a store manager that is following a corporate rule. A rule that really doesn't apply any more because they think that people are still looking to stock up on PS3 consoles to sell.

However that's not the case and anyone picking up a console to re-sale at this point is a moron or has found a moron to sell it to.

I'm not trying to beat up on the PS3. Heck, I've just come from the store with my 4th BD movie for mine (The Descent). But there is no overwhelming demand for them. And a moronic Best Buy manager following a moronic corporate policy (or some crap he personally made up) doesn't change that.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Eh. Maybe this would've been to do to the manager, especially if a woman:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Easily beaten:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapS /forum/post/0

I dunno....

That dude getting straight decked in the corner of the ring is now the new greatest thing I have ever seen.

He got a little too cute and maybe even a little sassy, and he paid the price. Just like the Best buy dude did.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Best thread ever:

·
Registered
924 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I think it's funny that you say they are collecting dust but, in you original post you state that the BB had just received those 15-20 units. If they just received them that means were out and are still selling them pretty well. This was also the second BB they had to go to just to find one so, I doubt they are collecting dust. "Collecting dust" would mean that all BB have plenty of stock on the shelf at all times IMO. Also, if a bunch of stores had them, instead of picking a fight with that manager, why didn't they just drive to one of the other BB and to get second PS3?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.