AVS Forum banner

241 - 260 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Interesting. Perhaps (unlikely) there has been an update in the last few weeks. In addition to not powering on (not really a big deal), the FF/RW, play/pause...'transport' or 'media keys' do not work in Blu-ray playback. Have you tested Blu-ray playback and everything works fine?

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I swear that it was working for me at one point because I wanted to test it before selling my old Harmony 900 and I did sell the 900...After it quit working I tried to remove and re-add everything...no such luck. The arrow keys on the system menu and in apps generally work, though.

Eventually called Logitech and they said the media keys do not work and the way the Harmony 'controls' the PS4 during Blu-ray playback is via the onscreen menu.

Source.
I could have sworn I had no issues with mine, even in BD playback, but now I'm not so sure (this was a few months ago last time I used my PS4 for BD playback). Now I'm going to have to test it myself. I'm using the Harmony Ultimate Home remote, btw, for mine.

Thank you for the information.

·
Registered
212 Posts
How To Get Harmony Hub To Turn On The PS4

Well, sort of. My 8 year old Panasonic Monitor died last week. We decided to pick up the LG EG9600 OLED TV. While setting up the Smart TV activity, the PS4 turned on by itself. I noticed anytime the Smart TV activity was turned on, the PS4 would come on if the TV was already on the PS4 HDMI input. I added Smart TV command to the PS4 Activity just to get the PS4 to turn on. So yes, the TV itself and not the remote is turning on the PS4. Not sure any other TV's out there do this.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
With Device Link, Simplink (or whatever they call it), I can control most of what i need for watching BD with my TV or A/V receiver. Although my stock TV remote is not high on my list of remotes to use (LG Magic Remote), it did work with on screen controls. I Now run my PS3 and PS4 thru my receiver anyhow,which also does HDMI control. I programmed my Harmony buttons to use the receivers remote... Pause, Play, fast fwd, arrows etc... all works, I can move thru the menu.

I have the PS3 harmony adapter, and I still use that since i have it.
Hey,

I found your post and need could really do with some advice, as you seem to be the only person who has mastered this

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"With Device Link, Simplink (or whatever they call it), I can control most of what i need for watching BD with my TV or A/V receiver. Although my stock TV remote is not high on my list of remotes to use (LG Magic Remote), it did work with on screen controls. I Now run my PS3 and PS4 thru my receiver anyhow,which also does HDMI control. I programmed my Harmony buttons to use the receivers remote... Pause, Play, fast fwd, arrows etc... all works, I can move thru the menu.

I have the PS3 harmony adapter, and I still use that since i have it."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the same setup as you. LG tv with Magic Remote, connected to a Sony str n1040 receiver. My PS3, PS4 and cable box are all connected to receiver via HDMI.

Can you please explain what settings i need to change... how do I set this up?

When I turn on CEC from my receiver, it tells me I 'can now use the Bravia TV remote to control things connected to my receiver', but you had it set so that the receiver was controlling the PS4 , not the TV remote.

I don't have a Bravia, I have an LG, do you know if this will still work?

Please help.

Thanks

·
Registered
665 Posts
Has there been any updates on the PlayStation 4 Universal Media Remote? I know when it was first released it got pretty bad reviews and wasn't working with a lot of apps. Has the remote gotten better over time? Getting tired of using my controller for Bluray playback and looking into getting Vue, and wife would probably be more comfortable with the remote versus the controller.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Has anyone tried the old Logitech PS3 adapter recently now that the hub remotes work with the PS4?

I have the Harmony Ultimate One, the version that didn't come with the hub, and I'm trying to find a solution that doesn't require me to spend $90 on the hub.

Now that I have subscribed to Vue I'd like to use a remote instead of a controller. Guess I could buy the PS4 remote but that kinda defeats the purpose of having a Harmony.

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
Has anyone tried the old Logitech PS3 adapter recently now that the hub remotes work with the PS4?

I have the Harmony Ultimate One, the version that didn't come with the hub, and I'm trying to find a solution that doesn't require me to spend $90 on the hub.

Now that I have subscribed to Vue I'd like to use a remote instead of a controller. Guess I could buy the PS4 remote but that kinda defeats the purpose of having a Harmony.
I have two of those PS3 adapters, but my understanding is they will not work. Based on that, I haven't tried to pair it and make it work.

You can do this setup to add a hub, but Logitech will tell you it is unsupported. I've been using it for mine for a couple of years I guess. No, it isn't cheaper, but at least you get a keyboard in the deal.
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-915-.../B00KOLNVAQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1458759770

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have my harmony ultimate home paired my ps4 now and some things seems to be working. The problem I'm having is that the play, pause, rewind and other play back buttons don't work at all while watching a blu-Ray. Does this work for anyone else and if so how do you do it.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I have my harmony ultimate home paired my ps4 now and some things seems to be working. The problem I'm having is that the play, pause, rewind and other play back buttons don't work at all while watching a blu-Ray. Does this work for anyone else and if so how do you do it.
Nope, those activities don't work.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Harmony control over the PS4 is a total joke. I bought a PS4 to replace the PS3 for simultaneous 3D+Dolby True HD (which the PS3 does not do). At the same time I got a Harmony Ultimate.

Harmony's solution is to use the remote to pull up the 'onscreen' controls and choose the option you want. No thanks. Long story short, I bought a Sony S6500 for movies. The PS4 is for games only.

From the Harmony website (click):
Blu-ray Disc
While on the Disc Menu, a double press on the PS button is required before PS4 will accept commands from other remotes or keyboards. Once done, Harmony can control Blu-ray playback.

Direction Keys will navigate the Blu-ray menu.

Media Keys do not work; however pressing Menu or Direction Up buttons will show an on screen display permitting movie control.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Harmony control over the PS4 is a total joke. I bought a PS4 to replace the PS3 for simultaneous 3D+Dolby True HD (which the PS3 does not do). At the same time I got a Harmony Ultimate.

Harmony's solution is to use the remote to pull up the 'onscreen' controls and choose the option you want. No thanks. Long story short, I bought a Sony S6500 for movies. The PS4 is for games only.

From the Harmony website (click):
Thanks for the info. Total crap!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone know if the harmony remote adapter for ps3 will work with the ps4?
No, the adapter doesn't work. I have Harmony Remotes, and they connect to PS4 via blue tooth but you have to turn on the PS4 every time before the remote connects which is annoying but manageable. Also keep in mind sometimes it takes a bunch of tries to get it to show up in devices or connect. The new Remote works better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can't edit my post, so I will add another one.

The controls on the controller you may have to remap, as with the blu-ray playing on the PS4 and the Harmony remote don't always match up which is frustrating. So it can work but it isn't plug and play like ps3

·
Bass and Hi-Fi Enthusiast
3,236 Posts
I'm still using my PS3 for bluerays and can't seem to find my adapter after I moved. Does anyone here have a Logitech Harmony PS3 Adapter they would be willing to sell me that they aren't using anymore? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I'm still using my PS3 for bluerays and can't seem to find my adapter after I moved. Does anyone here have a Logitech Harmony PS3 Adapter they would be willing to sell me that they aren't using anymore? Thanks!
I'll check to see if I still have mine.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
You're talking about this, right?

I'm 99% sure I still have mine. I kept hoping that it may get an update to work with the PS4. I can look when I get home today.

·
Bass and Hi-Fi Enthusiast
3,236 Posts
I'll check to see if I still have mine.
Thanks!

You're talking about this, right?

I'm 99% sure I still have mine. I kept hoping that it may get an update to work with the PS4. I can look when I get home today.

Yep that's it. I had one before I moved and after the move I can't seem to find it :(

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
I have one that I'm not using. I got a Harmony Ultimate so I don't need it in that room anymore. Still using the one in the room where I have the Harmony One.

241 - 260 of 290 Posts